Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS photo Album

Hey there,
    i am looking for some price advice and a good description of this album. there is about 210 photos in it there is about 15 photos of hitler and lots of other good photos (i will post some up) i am just looking for a good selling price and idea about the album. these are obviously not all of the photos but just the first couple of pages. thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by evan_880; 09-29-2008, 10:28 PM.

pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic4
        Attached Files

Comment

pic5
          Attached Files

Comment

pic6
            Attached Files

Comment

That many photos and SS, I'd put it in the $900-1200 range, but that is just a generic range. The photos you posted are from the front of the album, hence they are mainly pre-war or homefront type stuff, marching etc. To get a real feel for the album, you'll need to look at some of the rest of the album for really good action photos, latewar and what unit etc.

Hope it helps and hope to see more of the photos!
              Best,
              Mansal

Comment

Lssah

Hi there,

As a collector of Leibstandarte vehicle and weapons photos, I can tell you that LSSAH photos go for a lot of money. A good photo of even the most mundane vehicle would go for 20 to 30 Euros on ebay.de.

Photos of LAH armoured vehicles can go up to 250 to 300 Euros each.

I am NOT suggesting splitting the album up, but $900 to 1200 seems on the low side to me. I have seen 'professionals' selling this type of album for $4500+.... I guess it is up to the buyer.

If there are any vehicle photos in the album, I would love to see them if possible.

Thanks
                Steve

Comment

Id say judging by what is shown $1500 to 1700...feeel free to contact me with other photos for a better judgement...a nice canteen album is always an added plus! It seems like photoalbums have gone through the roof price wise but seldom sell on the bigger sites....But, of course, PLEASE dont split this up...it would be a real crime!

Comment

Yes, please do not split it up. Without seeing any other shots I'm going to say $1200 still. With a few more pages it could jump my estimate many hundred, so please, do post.

Comment

should i post all the pages in order? there is about 210 photos so its about 40 pages.

Comment

yes

Yes please!

As an illustration of what I was talking about, here is a link to a recent auciton on ebay.de, where a rather mundane photo of a rear of a truck has gone for 44,50 Euros! Insane... and I was willing to pay 44 for it (even more insane...)

Cheers
                        Steve

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEDW:IT&ih=016
                        Last edited by S Ballantyne; 09-27-2008, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evan_880 View Post
                          should i post all the pages in order? there is about 210 photos so its about 40 pages.
                          Maybe not all 40 pages, but you know which pages have a lot of great action photos etc. vs. scenery. I'd be glad to look at them

Comment

I would say put it on ebay with a reserve of $1500.00 and see how far the bidding goes.
                            I know ebay has the idiotic policy on TR items and there are ways to circumvent them.
                            If you are lucky you will have some of the well known deep pockets bid on it.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
                              I would say put it on ebay with a reserve of $1500.00 and see how far the bidding goes.
                              I know ebay has the idiotic policy on TR items and there are ways to circumvent them.
                              If you are lucky you will have some of the well known deep pockets bid on it.

Mike
                              It probably will make him more money, but in my opinion is not a great thing to do for true collectors. Take a small amout less in order to keep the collections in the collecting community here at WAF rather than let some rich clown buy up everything he doesn't really care about.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X