We're all supposed to be pals here.

Comment

Bs
      C

Comment

Originally posted by colin davie View Post
        Bs
        Well, I wonder what 'BS' you mean?

Bachelor of Science degree, also abbreviated BSc Sorry, Colin. I'm not stooping to that level. End of conversation.

Comment

BTW sarcasm in Scotland is not offensive it's a National Treasure, other examples being Whiskey, Archie Gemmil, the Broons and deep fried pizza.
          C
          For a Scot, you should be aware that the Scottish variety of nectar of the glens is spelt WHISKY. The way you have spelt it refers to IRISH WHISKEY. If you wish to be sarcastic, please at least get it right.
          Max.

Comment

Well the comment about Niddrie and Edinburgh being "nice little places" probably would'nt go down to well at Fetties, would appear I appreciate Lothian and Borders police force more than some, well I suppose at least one of you has an excuse.

C
            Just where is this comment please? Another invention of your over-active imagination in response to me stating that Edinburgh is a beautiful city no doubt. You really do like making a fool of yourself don't you? I think Robin is absolutely right....
            Max.

Comment

Your are of course correct, I did make a fool of myself, faking documents to sell to collectors such as myself is IMO a criminal activity, and I thought someone in the police might give us a few pointers on what to look out for, and indeed I agree that was foolish and naive.

"Mr Rebus isn't real", gee that was helpful, cracked you up though I noticed, must be an in joke, compare it to the quality of Scott's helpful post.

So ok now we know that Mr Rebus is'nt real a bit like Mr History.

I'm actually half Irish, but not a terrorist honest guv.

Sorry Andrew for being a part of spoiling your thread.
              C

Comment

[QUOTE=max history;2853747]Scott,
                Well spotted. It does appear to be Kuenstler Script.
                However, this is what Wikipedia says....
                Kuenstler Script is a formal script typeface. The primary weight was designed in 1902 by the in-house studio at the D Stempel AG foundry. Originally titled Künstlerschreibschrift which translates from German to English as artistic handwriting. The face is based on late nineteenth century English copperplate scripts. Those face in turn took inspiration from earlier eighteenth century writing masters George Bickham and George Shelley both who worked in a style of writing called round hand. In 1957 Hans Bohn added to the typeface family with Kuenstler Script Black, a heavy weight of the face.
                I do not usually place much faith in Wikipedia, but could this mean that the script originates from 1902 and not 1957? Maybe one of our print experts can assist?
                Max.[/QUOTE

(I made a mistake. The capital H on this card does not have a bar through it! The bar appears in the Kunstler script Bold No2 script.)

Hi Max, the Kunstler family of scripts did indeed start in 1902 and was continually added to and refined. There was, from what I have read, a revamp in the 20's, a few variations in the 30's as well. The heavy weight scripts did appear, as wiki said, in 1957. Also, the kunstler scripts underwent a number of other changes after 1957, for example changes to the style and cursive shape of the letters. The differences between post 1957 and pre 1957 changes are subtle, really subtle. These subtle changes can often be found by looking at the cursive tails of letters, for eample, the l and f, H, the ends of the small r, the capital R and D, from what I can tell, the cursive designs on this card appear after the 1957 revamps. Pre 1957 "tails", especially on capitals, tend to be slightly shorter and less arty farty!

Can an expert put me straight please?!

Im interested in this because I also have a calling card, which matches original cards Ive seen, however, I think the card itself is a reproduction...and Im very annoyed about it!!!! Haha
                Last edited by Scott; 09-26-2008, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Scott,
                  Thanks for your interesting contribution. I'd also be very interested in more information on types of script. It's good to participate in an intelligent exchange and not with somebody who relies upon sarcasm to make a point. Thank you.
                  Max.

Comment

Sorry Andrew for being a part of spoiling your thread.
                    C

No problem Colin.

Regards,
                    AB.
                    In memory of my Uncle,
                    Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
                    2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
                    Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X