Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sufrimiento por la patria

Hi
    this medal was awarded to a member of the Lzgion Condor in 1939. here is the document document, certainly sent to the home of the guy in 1941 with the other documents.
    jacques
    Attached Files

It is nice to see one of these, given how few Germans were wounded in Spain!

Is there any clue from the other paperwork why bestowal was delayed until 1941? (Was he killed in Spain?...)

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Lundström
      It is nice to see one of these, given how few Germans were wounded in Spain!

Is there any clue from the other paperwork why bestowal was delayed until 1941? (Was he killed in Spain?...)
      Burocracy, you can be bestowed the medal and has the right to wear it, but paperwork could be finished some years later, Angel Salamanca was awarded inmediately the Spanish Individual Military Medal in Russia, formal award ceremony take place a couple of years ago.

Angel
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

collectors who own original enveloppes which were used to send the documents (spanish and german ones) to the civil adress of the recipient can attest that the stamps indicate late dates. I own a group with the original enveloppe stamped "berlin 3.10.41". I know a second one dated " 28.10.40". the recapitulative document is numbered: mine is "10478" , the second "7226". it seems that it take some lo,g time to the LW bureaucratie to send the documents to the owner...
        jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X