No announcement yet.

Russian Front Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, how does this all correlate to the 34. Inf.Div.?

Larry,

34.ID was my suggestion. On the sidecar of the motorcycle on the far right of the third pic is a white shield with a crooked line:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...ionen/34ID.htm

I saw the 312 on the fender of the truck as well, but was unsure what level medical unit that tactical symbom would refer to and if that number actually refered to the unit itself and not a vehicle number or other organizational reference. Of course, if my shield ID is correct, then it is possible that this photo shows several units (at least two) on the road.

Comment

The division emblem on the sidecar is clearly shown in the link...interesting.

Originally posted by Mark Mac View Post

Larry,

34.ID was my suggestion. On the sidecar of the motorcycle on the far right of the third pic is a white shield with a crooked line:

I saw the 312 on the fender of the truck as well, but was unsure what level medical unit that tactical symbom would refer to and if that number actually refered to the unit itself and not a vehicle number or other organizational reference. Of course, if my shield ID is correct, then it is possible that this photo shows several units (at least two) on the road.

Comment

Excellent pics

In the POW photo, can you tell what it is that some of those prisoners are carrying?
        Don't believe everything you read on the internet, that's how WWI got started.

Comment

I noticed that too. looks like bundles of straw/hay...possibly bedding material???

Originally posted by Michael Root View Post
          Excellent pics

In the POW photo, can you tell what it is that some of those prisoners are carrying?

Comment

looks like bundles of straw/hay...possibly bedding material???
            Yep, that must be it. Notice the last pair of soldiers carrying a bundle together... comrades to the end.
            Don't believe everything you read on the internet, that's how WWI got started.

Comment

Yep, Mark M., all we can do is speculate in the absence of more complete information. I just checked Tessin's elaboration of 34. ID and its regiments and found no connections to the number "312", so it must remain a mystery, I guess.

Larry

Originally posted by Mark Mac View Post

Larry,

Comment

Found this one of Karl.
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X