Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small grouping regarding Panzerjägerabteilung

Hello All,

First of all he died, in the Kuban area, (Caucasus campaign)

I have some questions. Is there anybody who can help me out, I bought an interesting lot regarding Feldwebel Gottfried Spegt.

Regarding his Militär-Führerschein he was in 1936 with 14.(Pz. Abw.) Komp.Inf.Regt.62 as Schütze.
    Than his Militär-Führerschein he was with 14./I.R. 62 in 1937, there he was a Gefreiter.(?)
    Than there is his Ausweis, wich is dated 1940 and told he was with 'Reichsstelle für Holz' and his dienststellung was as Karteileiter.
    Then as last, there is a letter regarding his dead. the feldpostnumber was:

(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) Feldlazarett 634.

It was written by Docter, Feldwebel Gottfrief Spegt, was hit by a shell splinter at Noworossisk at 25.9.1942.
    He was buried at a park at the small town Krymskaja at the way Krasnodar-Noworossisk.

Here the beginning of the newspaper article regarding his dead:

Gottfried Spegt gefallen!

Die Reichsstelle für Holz, Hauptabteilung III, Berlin, und deren dienststelle, die abteilung absablent(?) des forst= und holzwirtschaftsabtes in Wiesbaden, betrauern den heldentod ihres gefolgschaftsmitgliedes G O T T F R I E D S P E G T, Wiesbaden, der als Feldwebel und zügführer einer Panzerjägerabteilung nach dem .................................................. .....

It tells he survived the war in the West and Balkan and sadly died in the East and how he died.

So first Schütze in 1936 with 14.(Pz. Abw.) Komp.Inf.Regt.62
    Then Gefreiter in 1937 with 14./I.R. 62
    And then as last Feldwebel and Zügführer.

Seems he made fast promotions!

Is there anybody who knows much about the caucasus campaign, maybe there is some information regarding him and his Züg?
    Maybe some people can help me out with his abteilung?

Thanks in Advance!
    Last edited by dennisb; 09-14-2008, 10:45 AM.

Last edited by dennisb; 02-17-2009, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Militär-Führerschein:

Comment

Militär-Fahrlehrerschein:

Comment

The letter regarding his dead:

Comment

I guess you don't what unit he was serving in when he died? It wasn't IR62.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hello,

No I don't know what unit he was in when he died, no it wasn't I.R. 62.

Maybe some people around here know much about the caucasus campaign and know wich Panzerjägerabteilungs where in the Noworossisk/Krasnodar area during September '42?

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by dennisb View Post
                  The letter regarding his dead:
                  The letter is very untypical and really interesting. Normally those letters had a very patrotic and style. This one says nothing about "für Führer und Vaterland" oder "heldenhafter Tod" or propaganda sh*t like this.

It is a good proof that shows that not all Germans were idiots in these days.

Very good find!

Comment

Originally posted by mbberlin View Post
                    The letter is very untypical and really interesting. Normally those letters had a very patrotic and style. This one says nothing about "für Führer und Vaterland" oder "heldenhafter Tod" or propaganda sh*t like this.

It is a good proof that shows that not all Germans were idiots in these days.

Very good find!
                    Thanks,

But is there anybody who knows more about this one?

Comment

You might get a better response if you asked on the Axis History Forum.
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X