Sniper with cuff title ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper with cuff title ?

Has anyone ever seen or heard, that german Snipers, Scharfschuetzen weard a cufftitle on their uniforms?

Yes, I've seen photos of snipers wearing their unit cfftitle.

Best regards/ Daniel

Comment

Hi Daniel, what I mean is the Cuff title "Scharfschütze". Do you mean that too?

Comment

No, I've never seen that.

Best regards/ Daniel

Comment

Hi
          I wasn't even aware that a Scharfschütze cufftitle existed. If so, it should be custom made since no regulation about it exists.
          Regards
          Denis

Comment

Denis, thats what I wanted to hear:
            Surprise Surprise!! What do think about this? Looks very official to me.

Comment

Holy cow! Is there any writing on the back?
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

The soldier was Scharfschütze in Gren.Ers.u.Ausb.Btl.17
                Unf. thats all I know about him.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "official". That cufftitle, as amazing as it seems, does not appear to be of regulation size. And worn on the side of the cuff that is reserved for campaign cufftitles...very, very odd. Could have had the thing made for himself. Would seem unlikely, given an almsot instant death sentence for captured snipers by both the Russians and Western Allies, that a sniper would wear this in battle.

Willi
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Impressing photo Kai,

I envy your find. His iron cross ribbon looks new.

Best regards/ Daniel

Comment

congrats. Another book worthy snapshot.

Comment

This is one of the reasons i love this hobby. New stuff like this is always turning up just when we think we've got everything covered. Top draw find Kai!

Examples turning up at a dealer near you soon...

Simon
                        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

If one looks very closly, it is possible that this is a slip on band. The botom edge has a shadow and there seems to be a circle mark in light colour that the band goes over. I offer a sugestion that this could be an identification for War games or exersise.

Comment

Hello Kai
                            This is a very interesting pic. You have definitively a wonderful photo archive.
                            However, I still think this is not an official artifact. Just a "fantasy" (not pejorative) item worn for the photo. I don't think the Spiess would have tolerated such a thing.
                            Anyway, this makes me think to the FSJ cufftitle worn by a SS soldier whose the photo is displayed in Gordon's book about cufftitles.
                            Regards
                            Denis

Comment

Thank you all Guys!!
                              Maybe its not an official cuff, but its PERIOD! Thats the good thing about it!

Guys honestly, if anone found a cuff like this without the photo, nobody of us (me included), would have identified it as a period cuff title, isnt it?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X