Fake Death Cards/UV Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake Death Cards/UV Light

I purchased a death card approx a year ago from a dealer (no photo) in name of LUDWIG EIBL Gefreiter in Inf Regt died 4th March 1942.
    So I was surprised to see another one exactly the same on e-bay today.
    Coincidence or a fake?
    Secondly I have read that a UV Black light would help id modern paper,can anyone advise on a cheapish light available from the shops that would be good to use.
    Any advise greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Steve

Hello,

No, they both orginal, but the problem is, that Deathcards were sent to family and everybody, just like mourning cards are sent now, most of them are thrown away but sometimes not, so there were more Deathcards to the same soldiers, so it is possible that there are still 2 or 3 or even 10 left.

I have some post-war deathcards to someone who died in 1957, I've got about 10 of them, of the same woman.

Comment

Originally posted by sah View Post
      I purchased a death card approx a year ago from a dealer (no photo) in name of LUDWIG EIBL Gefreiter in Inf Regt died 4th March 1942.
      So I was surprised to see another one exactly the same on e-bay today.
      Coincidence or a fake?
      Secondly I have read that a UV Black light would help id modern paper,can anyone advise on a cheapish light available from the shops that would be good to use.
      Any advise greatly appreciated
      Thanks
      Steve
      As he said, both fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dennisb View Post
        Hello,

No, they both orginal, but the problem is, that Deathcards were sent to family and everybody, just like mourning cards are sent now, most of them are thrown away but sometimes not, so there were more Deathcards to the same soldiers, so it is possible that there are still 2 or 3 or even 10 left.

I have some post-war deathcards to someone who died in 1957, I've got about 10 of them, of the same woman.
        Thank you for your reply and advise

Comment

Originally posted by K98_man View Post
          As he said, both fine.
          Thank you for your help

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X