RAD Trupp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAD Trupp

Nice postcard pic of a RAD trupp that for some reason I can't get a good scan of. Its one of those "I wonder what became of them?" evoking images is it not.

A question: Ranks. Presumably A.M. is ArbeitsMann but is that a F? for fuhrer Katzheller perhaps? and is that a V? for Brambring what could it stand for?

Hope the pic is viewable.

Cheers
    David.
    Attached Files
    At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Incidently Brambring is our mann here. This is the only other pic I acquired with the above.
    Attached Files
    At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Originally posted by David C
      Incidently Brambring is our mann here. This is the only other pic I acquired with the above.

Hello,

very nice postcard,I believe I saw that one for sale not to long ago!!I believe in this case the V is for Vormann,which is one rank above arbeitsmann and the F is for feldmeister,which would be a company grade officer (middle ranking officer-Mittlere Fuhrer).

regards Yancy

Comment

Originally posted by Yancy Irwin
        Hello,

very nice postcard,I believe I saw that one for sale not to long ago!!
        regards Yancy

Yes Yancy, an ebay pick-up a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the info regards the ranks. Would you know of any online info regards RAD rank structure? specifically what ranks were entitled to wear the hewers?

Cheers
        David.

Comment

Yes Yancy, an ebay pick-up a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the info regards the ranks. Would you know of any online info regards RAD rank structure? specifically what ranks were entitled to wear the hewers?

Cheers
          David.
          Hello David,

I have to find the website address of a site that has very good info regarding RAD ranks along with pictures of both the collar tabs and shoulder boards-I wil send you a PM when i find it-as for hewers if you mean EM hewers then all ranks were entitled to wear them with the dress uniform-I believe the men had to purchase the hewers themselves-the prices were as followed 11.80 RM for the standard pattern and 12.40 RM for the full stag grip!the officers hewer was to be worn by officers only,from the rank of feldmeister up-I have however seen alot of pictures of RAD officers wearing EM hewers includeing Reichsarbeitsfuhrer Hierl.

regards Yancy

Comment

Thanks Yancy,

I look forward to that website. Were ordinary troopers permitted to wear the hewer? I thought only NCOs and up? Yes I have seen the high rankers wearing EMs also.

Buy the way my EM Hewer was more than 11.80 RM

Cheers
            David.

Comment

Thanks Yancy,

I look forward to that website. Were ordinary troopers permitted to wear the hewer? I thought only NCOs and up? Yes I have seen the high rankers wearing EMs also.

Buy the way my EM Hewer was more than 11.80 RM

Cheers
              David.
              Hello David,

sorry about the delay in sending you the link-I was on a small vacation-here is a site that has the rank info you were looking for- http://www.angelfire.com/sk2/germanuniforms/

Yancy

Comment

Originally posted by Yancy Irwin
                Hello David,

sorry about the delay in sending you the link-I was on a small vacation-here is a site that has the rank info you were looking for- http://www.angelfire.com/sk2/germanuniforms/

Yancy

Thanks Yancy, I'll check it out later.

Cheers
                David.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X