Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos of U-40, her last return to port

Guys,

I'm selling these at the moment on our favourite auction site, I was wondering before I let these go for a song, exactly how valuable are these photos?

I'm assuming they are rare as this boat struck a mine in the English channel Oct-1940, on her second cruise to forming up to attack a convoy. Only 3 survivors made it to an English POW camp.

These photos are the u-40 making her one and only operational return to port. Her next cruise was her last.

Sorry if it is not proper to do this, I'm not giving my auction a plug, just genuinely curious...

not sure on a price but alot! if there the only pics of her arrival back there cant be many if any more!!! plus you have the history of the boat itself! personally and its only me mind id start at at least E100!! i think there worth that easy!! (but i reckon if the normal people sudect13(??) started bidding the skys the limit!!)

Comment

U 40

Great pictures. Can anyone identify the other submarine alongside U 40 in the second photograph. It doesn't appear to be a German Uboat. Also, what is the identity of the three stacked curiser in the background. Again, it doesn't appear to be German unless left over from the WW I fleet. Maybe someone can clear this up. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Robbie,

It is the german uboat U-A.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

i was going to ask the same thing about the other sub! how much did these go for in the end?

Comment

Dear friends:

I am Juan Jaramillo, I am a Spaniard. A fan to the U-boat. Does anyone know the reason why the U-40 you use these two emblems, the umbrella and the skull?

Thanks in advance.

Jan.

Queridos amigos:

Soy Juan Jaramillo, soy español. Aficionado a los U-Boote. ¿ Sabe alguien la razón por las que el U-40 usase estos dos emblemas, el paraguas y la calavera?

Gracias por anticipado.

Jan.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X