Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pistol bring-back document

Hi:
    Any ideas how much $ a document like this adds to the value of an item like, say a pistol? You can view the gun in the firearms forum under " Revolver and Vet bring back document" Thanks, John
    Attached Files

I think that is a difficult question to answer as it depends on several factors...at least for me. In some cases I would not give a dollar more for the document (say it contained a Belgium 1900 era "veldog" revolver that was on a document from a unit that was a supply outfit that never left France! To me that would mean nothing and I would not want the pistol anyway as it is not what collect.

On the other hand a 98k or Luger with a document from a unit that was in a lot of fighting...and maybe listing some other obvious combat asociated material....would add maybe 10 to 20 % to an item....maybe.

In some cases where (for example) as vet claims that a certain firearm or other item came from a person or event that is VERY interesting and the item makes sense being associated with the claim (i.e LAH pz combat worn tunic taken at the "Bulge" and the unit was also tied to that specifc even. In those RARE cases I would allow more for the document.

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate all views as it will help me in my decision. John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X