Legion Kondor records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legion Kondor records

Can anyone tell me if there any records that may indicate what awards were awarded to German volunteers involved in the Spanish Civil War. I am trying to find out if Unteroffizer Franz Josef BIRNBAUM a pilot with 10 (Pz)./SG 9 was awarded the Spanish Cross in Bronze with or without swords. I among his other documents I have a "Vorlaeuiges Besitzzeugnis" which just states that "Dem FJ Birnbaum ist unter dem heutigen Tage das Spanien-Kreuz in Bronze verliehen wroden. Dieser Ausweis verliert mit dem 31.7.1939 seine Gueltigkeit Berlin, den 31 Mai 1939" But I have no idea if he was a soldier or a civilian. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Colin

Hi
    Could you share the spanish documents with us ?
    Refering to the spanish cross document, if the mention "Mit Schwertern" don't appear, your guy was awarded the bronze cross without sword. this is just an opinion. He could have been civilian or military with no special combat task as postman for exemple !
    jacques

Comment

Spanish Documents

Hello Jacques

I am more than happy to share a copy of this document with you, let me know your postal or email address.

Colin

Originally posted by jacques
      Hi
      Could you share the spanish documents with us ?
      Refering to the spanish cross document, if the mention "Mit Schwertern" don't appear, your guy was awarded the bronze cross without sword. this is just an opinion. He could have been civilian or military with no special combat task as postman for exemple !
      jacques

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
        Hello Jacques

I am more than happy to share a copy of this document with you, let me know your postal or email address.

Colin
        jacques.calero@laposte.net

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X