How many medals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many medals?

I was just looking through a photo album to a member of the Flak and later a Fallschirmjäger Flak Abteilung when I came across this photo!

There is the easy recognisable fatty in the middle, however the General(?) to the left seems to have a very large medal bar!?!?!

Any ideas who he is?

/Ian
    Attached Files
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Close up..a bit blurry!
    Attached Files

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hmmm, that's blurry even for ME! It's a pre-war photo... but pre- or post- October 1936????...

what I get out of the medal bar is: Iron Cross 2nd 1914, Prussian Hohenzollern House Order 3X, maybe a Bavarian Military Merit Order (presumably with swords, can't tell if crown), probably a Hamburg Hanseatic, then a couple of smudges, among which must be a Hindenburg CrossX, what appears to be a bavarian army 1905/1911 Luitpold Jubilee Medal, then ? Wehrmacht Long Services (or not) WW1 Austro-Hungarian Military Merit Cross 3 with War Decoration, and a Hungarian WW1 Commemorative Medal.

Comment

Thanks Rick,

The photo is captioned Generalstab, Übungsschießen 1935.

Perhaps he is a Flak General as the holder belonged to Flak Regiment 3 at that time!?!?!!?
        Is this an uncommanly large medal bar or were there many that had similar extensions to the tunics to support such hangings?!?!?!?!?!?

/Ian
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X