Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glass prints

hi Everyone

iam not much of a foto guy bt I have acess to a very old collection of those glass negative slides used to produce fotos.

the guy who put this together only chose high end pics,,SS , FJ etc. And i mean really good stuff!!!

my question is, is there a market for these things, Even the logistics for me to pick them up is a pain, shipping them would be a nightmare. I have left it alone now for 2 years but somehow I find them interesting for me and maybe others.There are hundreds of them.

Best
    Dion
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Dear Dion: Certinly theres intrest in these. I collect ss panzer officers photos, so if there are any of these in the group I'd be very intrested. Let me know if you get these.
    Tim

Comment

The guy painstakingly put together only glass plates of interest,,,Ill go see im this weekend and bring some samples back. I never picked them up because the weight is unbelievable.
      Iam Uncle Sam
      That’s who Iam
      Been hiding out
      In a rock and roll band

Comment

ive had this on a backburner for 2 years, iam glad i finally brought it up.
        Iam Uncle Sam
        That’s who Iam
        Been hiding out
        In a rock and roll band

Comment

Be very careful transporting them. Glass plates are incredibly fragile, not only through breaking the glass but the emulation chips off easily.

You'd need to take them to a professional and well respected photo lab to have prints made, a lab that has experience working with glass plates.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X