Story of a common soldier 2nd part.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff McCulloh
    Thanks for posting this group. Great to see all the stuff together.
    I think the docs were cut down to fit into a notebook. A lot of the docs have the typical german two hole punch on the left side where vets kept their important papers in notebooks.
    Interesting that he did not get a Rumanian Crusade medal though.
    Cheers,
    JeMc

Also interesting is that this soldier was wounded on June 12th, 1.942 and a member of the Pz.Jäg.Abt. 72 whose papers I have, was wounded just two days later in the same area. Regarding the Romanian medal, dates to the same regiment for receiving it was August 1st, 1.943 and in the same division but diferent unit (the previously mentioned) was February 7th, 1.943 when our friend was dead so I think not notated. Interesting is that the Tank Hunter soldier never received a formal citation, just a note in his Soldbuch and Wehrpas and the other Infantry soldier just a preliminar award citation by the germans instead by the romanians (he also received a Bulgarian award and this time he received a formal citation, but in German)

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Another nice grouping Angel. It is indeed very rare to find such a grouping together.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X