Story of a common soldier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Story of a common soldier.

My birthday brought to me two wonderfull groups of Krim veterans and I promised to show both when I was scanned the documents so here I go with the first, is from Unteroffizier Karl Wilbert.

We can start with his prewar ID that shows him as a member of Art.Rgt. 36 and he was born on November 8th, 1.915 and enlisted on November 3rd, 1.937.

Angel
    Attached Files
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Karl served in the France ocupàtion and in the march across the Balkans without news, but in Russia things changed, he was wounded on November 15th, 1.941 so he received the Black Wound Badge.

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré
      Karl served in the France ocupàtion and in the march across the Balkans without news, but in Russia things changed, he was wounded on November 15th, 1.941 so he received the Black Wound Badge.

Angel
      I don't like the new system of image attachment, but..
      Attached Files

Comment

But it was a combat wound as he received the EK II, incidentally the Urkunde was sent directly home by his unit.

Angel
        Attached Files

Comment

Of course he also received the IAB in silver

Angel
          Attached Files

Comment

For his actions in the Krimea area he received the Krimschild, this was also sent directly home as you can see for the folded marks and also it has our soldier address written with pencil on the back.

Angel
            Attached Files

Comment

Here we can see a proud man wearing his awards and with his comrades

Angel
              Attached Files

Comment

He received confirmation of his Ostmedaille quite late in the war.

Angel
                Attached Files

Comment

Unafortunately our soldier could't see the end of the war, on July 15th, 1.944 he was killed, here is the letter send home, note that also jhis company commander was wounded in the combat so a NCO must write home.

Angel
                  Attached Files

Comment

Also with the group come other photos and a wonderfull map showing the positions of his division in the Balkans. It's a small one, but highly interesting and shows a common soldier war.

Later I open another thread and show the other group, same awards plus the Wehrpass to a member of the 72 Inf.Div.

Angel

Comment

Angel:
                      Thank you for this post. It is a wonderful grouping. I especially like the Krim document.
                      CSP

sigpic

Comment

Thats a great group Angel!

Comment

Thanks for your kind words, I also like very much the Krimschild citation, it's the seond nice design I have seen, I had another one that has a facsimil of the shield on top and was amazing, unafortunately was a sole one and I foccused in complete groups so now lives in another collection.

Angel

Comment

72. Infanterie-Division

Originally posted by Angel Farré
                            Also with the group come other photos and a wonderfull map showing the positions of his division in the Balkans. It's a small one, but highly interesting and shows a common soldier war.

Later I open another thread and show the other group, same awards plus the Wehrpass to a member of the 72 Inf.Div.

Angel
                            Hi Angel,

I've got three Wehrpässe for members of 72. I.D. Sparse details on them can be found at http://www.zeltbahn.net/wehrpass/wp_inf.htm

What regiment did your man serve with?

Look forward to seeing your new thread,

David

Comment

Originally posted by Frosch
                              Hi Angel,

I've got three Wehrpässe for members of 72. I.D. Sparse details on them can be found at http://www.zeltbahn.net/wehrpass/wp_inf.htm

What regiment did your man serve with?

Look forward to seeing your new thread,

David
                              I have a document group to an Inf.Rgt. 124 NCO, Wehrpass and awards documents to a member of Pz.Jäg.Abt. 72 and Wehrpass and award documents to another Inf.Rgt. 124 member, this last can be seen in the thread named "Story of a common soldier 2º part" in this forum.

Angel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X