Unknown Kptlt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Kptlt.

I just got this studio postcard size photo of this unknown Kptlt.z.S. wearing his dress frock with belt and dagger , --and it looks like he just got awarded the EK 2nd CLASS .
    Attached Files

... and a close-up .

Comment

Here the photo .
      Attached Files

Comment

Per the cancels on the back , this photo came from the Russian archives ! Makes you wonder why they had it ?????
        Attached Files

Comment

I think these Russian markings are found on many repro photos....have you checked the photo with a UV light?

Comment

seems something very odd about the shot. In any case the EKII is mounted as it would be for the formal medal bar and doesn't indicated it's been newly awarded.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I checked the paper with a UV-light and it does not glow and it is marked on the back with " Agfa -Lupex" in two places ; --so I feel it is an original studio photo!
              I only wrote 'newly awarded EK 2nd class ' , since it is the only award he shows ! It is on a parade mount . But as a Kptlt. one would assume that he had some other awards , like Long Service , to make up a parade medal bar . I assume this photo was taken to 'show off ' his most recent award of the EK !
              There also could be some other rather simple reason , like a wedding . etc .he got all dressed-up for !

Comment

even if they are stamped with something russian - i do not believe the story about a "russian document center found"

Comment

It would be very interesting to me , if someone out there could ID this Kptlt . ???????

Comment

The chances of that are virtually nil Doug, how many thousands of men do you think passed through that rank?
                    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon: One never knows!
                      I have gotten some great replies on these Forums in the past .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X