Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAF book

Greetings,

Here are some pictures of my newest paper item, a DAF book. It is interesting because it has stamps beginning in September 1935, through to August 1944!

My understanding is that this was a party "dues" record book. Is that accurate?

The stamps also vary from ,80 pfennig all the way to 3,40 and 3,80 RM.

Any idea what "Ortsgrupper: Rheydt Sud" means?

I obtained this book for $20... was that a good buy?

Thanks,

Christian

This is not a party dues book but a German Workers union (Deutsche Arbeits Front)dues book. Although it is a Nazi organization, you did not have to be a party member to belong but everybody that wanted to work outside of the home or farm had to belong. The dues amount depends on how much they earn.
    Jeff

Comment

Thank you very much for the clarification, this is very interesting.

It seems like Hermann started paying dues at the age of 14 ,80 pfennig (born in 1920) and eventually over 10 years increased them to over 3 RM!

-Christian

Comment

Nice DAF book. You paid a good price for it.

Comment

Rheydt is the name of a town now since 1975 in corporated in the City of Mönchengladbach in Nordrhein-Westfalen.

"Süd" means south. Rheydt war divided in different districts of the DAF organzation and this guy was living in the district Süd = south.
          I may be also of interest: Joseph Goebbels was born in Rheydt (*29 Oct 1897)

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
            Rheydt is the name of a town now since 1975 in corporated in the City of Mönchengladbach in Nordrhein-Westfalen.

"Süd" means south. Rheydt war divided in different districts of the DAF organzation and this guy was living in the district Süd = south.
            I may be also of interest: Joseph Goebbels was born in Rheydt (*29 Oct 1897)

Gerdan
            Thankyou very much for this information, I have added it to my archives and it is much appreciated!

-Christian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X