wehrpass award(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wehrpass award(s)

Hi all I'm Paul and this is my first use of the forum and am looking for help in deciphering an award or award in a wehrpass I recently obtained. As I cannot attach a scan I describe page 23 as best I can. In the award section is written "rumanische erinnerungs-medaille kreuzzug gegen den communists verl am 4.12.42 No 210605" and then underneath "a.verfg 1.4.42 No 1014" followed by officers signiture. Am am pretty spot on with German awards but foriegn ones escape me. Is it the Rumanian medal or cross and is it one or two awards. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards Paul.

Originally posted by paul
    Hi all I'm Paul and this is my first use of the forum and am looking for help in deciphering an award or award in a wehrpass I recently obtained. As I cannot attach a scan I describe page 23 as best I can. In the award section is written "rumanische erinnerungs-medaille kreuzzug gegen den communists verl am 4.12.42 No 210605" and then underneath "a.verfg 1.4.42 No 1014" followed by officers signiture. Am am pretty spot on with German awards but foriegn ones escape me. Is it the Rumanian medal or cross and is it one or two awards. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards Paul.
    Hello Paul.
    No cause to be confused:
    Medal is Rumanian Comm. Medal Crusade against Communism. The other line notes the regulation/statute under which it was bestowed.
    Bernhard H. Holst

Comment

Could the "vrln am 12.4.42 no.c 210605" part refer to the date the medal was awarded and the number of the award? That is, he got the 210605th award? (Which would be verrrrry interesting).
      By the way, who was this soldier? What unit was he with?
      Last edited by McCulloh; 09-05-2003, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X