Cigarette Album Coupon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigarette Album Coupon

I believe this to be one of the small coupons that someone would send in from a cigarette pack in order to get the photos to place in various cigarette albums. I show front and rear.

Any comments?

Mike
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Reverse

Reverse of the coupon ...
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Could well be Mike,

I dare say the German guys wil translate it better but the gist of it is about, '.............respectively in the number sequence of 1 to 50 organized from a check series.'

I'll leave it to the German speakers proper and educated.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Translation

No one?

Mike

Comment

Well,

I perfectly understand the German and hope my English is correct.

The front reads: "2 times 50 of these Coupons, each numbered from 1 to 50, comprise a series of Coupons".

So You have now 2 Coupons from a complete series of 100 Coupons.

The back tells You how many series You need to get a series of pictures. So You still need only 98 Coupons or 49 papers with two Coupons (but take care You have every number from 1 to 8 and 10 to 50 twice) and 3 more complete series of Coupons to get the pictures of "plants of our homeland" (4 Coupon-series needed).

The booklet for the pictures is to be bought at Your local tabacco-dealer. Booklets 6, 8, 13-15 cost 1,60 Reichsmark each, the rest 1,00 Reichsmark. New pictures series are being prepaired. Coupon-series are to be sent to...

Never heard of these things. Always thought the pictures were part of the cigatrette-box.

kind regards

Johannes

Comment

Cigarette Albums

Johannes,

Thanks for the translation. Very helpful. These coupons apparently came in cigarette cartons. I can only imagine how much smoking you had to do to accumulate the coupons needed for the album! I am happy to have this coupon as an example, as it was given to me by a WW2 veteran friend who had no idea what it was and he had kept it since 1945. I collect the cigarette albums (always looking for mint pieces in the original cardboard boxes) and I have included a photo below of a set of 50 photos as they would have come from the company for insertion in the album.

The album I got (with the box) came with these pictures. They had never been glued in the album and they never will be by me. It is for the "Deutschland Erwacht" album. Bilder-Gruppe 28.

Any help on translation would be appreciated here as well.

Mike Heuer
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mike,

The words under "Bildergruppe 28" explain that this package has 50 pictures of this volume, with the numbers of the individual pictures. The next line states that the complete volume comprises Bildergruppen 28-33. So Your package contains the first set of six sets which fill the album, and the complete album should contain 300 pictures.

The text at the bottom is more or less the same than on the coupons. It says that You need 12 series of single coupons or 6 series of double coupons (like Your coupon) to get the pictures for this album. In my understanding this means that You get all 6 sets or 300 pictures for sending one time 6/12 series of Coupons. Albums are to be bougth from Your cigarett-dealer, who sells them in a appropriate cardbord box.

The back says that the pictures are put together into the package under constant control. If still something should be wrong this piece of the packe with Kontroll-Vermerk F should be sent back to the cpmpany together with the written complaint.

I have three complete albums with cardbord boxes (Wehrmacht, Colonies, Hindenburg). I only have them because my Grandmother gave them to me some weeks ago. They are from her Brother and my Grandfather who was conscripted in '39.

Johannes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X