Great RAD/Luftwaffe Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great RAD/Luftwaffe Group

I was lucky enough to get this off the Estand recently. It's an eight picture group, all postcard portraits of the same man showing him during his RAD and Luftwaffe career. This group has some great shots that show a full gamut of uniforms and headgear. The RAD portion is really nice, with some shots you don't always see. If was told there are other documents for this man out there. Too bad I don't have them. All of them are in postcard format. The first three RAD shots are on Agfa paper, obviously taken the same time. Here's the first
    Attached Files

Another one with a shovel. I believe these are actual RAD shovels.
    Attached Files

Comment

The final RAD shot of this group. there appears to be some sort of double exposure or something on this one. Still decent.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's where it really gets good. This one is the first of his Luftwaffe shots, showing a dress uniform with a steel helmet. All steel helmet shots are nice, but getting one as part of the group was a bonus.
        Attached Files

Comment

Like steel helmet shots, pilot headgear shots are always nice to have and not always seen. As you can see this group has it all, including this pilot uniform shot. This has the studio embose on it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's another showing his dress uniform with a lanyard, dagger and a pilot's badge. This is a good shot in itself, let alone as part of a group.
            Attached Files

Comment

This one was no doubt done at the same time as the one above, with the same studio mark, which appears on four of these including the pilot shot. On Agfa paper.
              Attached Files

Comment

The final one, similar to the ones above. I'm quite pleased with this pickup.
                Attached Files

Comment

nice pics steve,i allmost pulled the rigger when i saw them on the e-stand,good catch!

Comment

Originally posted by Yancy Irwin View Post
                    nice pics steve,i allmost pulled the rigger when i saw them on the e-stand,good catch!
                    You should have. At the price of these it was only $15 US a picture. Everyone of them is worth that, and some would go for more even on thier own. As a group they are worth more than the sum of thier parts, in my mind.

Comment

Its a great group. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X