Question on TR building Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on TR building Image

I was wondering if you guys knew what building this was. Government? Hotel?

-Chuck
    Attached Files

Looks like Bavaria or Austria, can you read the signs of the shops?

gk

Comment

It reads "Rathaus" or maybe "Ralhaus' over the entrance to the main building. The next store front entrance to the left is a bakery "Backerei von Balth Kinberger". The rest of the buildings have names above their entrances but they are hard to read.

-Chuck

Comment

OK...a quick google search shows that the name is most likely Rathaus which literally translates to "Council House". The next question is....where?

Comment

As I said, architechture as well as the name "Kinberger" look like southern Germany or Austria, maybe you can post a closeup of the other entrance, so we can try to read it

gk

Comment

GK-
            Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I could not even read it using a 10X magnifying lense.
            -Chuck

Comment

Silly me....I looked on back & saw a studio stamp with a location in Nossen. Nossen is in the Dresden region of Germany. The firebombing of Dresden may be the reason why I'm having trouble finding a period image of Rathauses of that region...

Comment

Originally posted by para03 View Post
                Silly me....I looked on back & saw a studio stamp with a location in Nossen. Nossen is in the Dresden region of Germany. The firebombing of Dresden may be the reason why I'm having trouble finding a period image of Rathauses of that region...
                The problem is, this is neither the Rathaus of Nossen nor of any other town in that area (which I am pretty familiar with). The architecture of this Rathaus and the surrounding buildings is not typical for Saxony but for the southern German states and Austria. Will be hard to find the place without more information or any of us who is familiar with this place...

gk

Comment

Thank you again GK.
                  I hope someone else can point out where this might be...

-Chuck

Comment

I believe this is the main street in the old town area of Bad Tölz, Bavaria.
                    Max.

Comment

BINGO!

Here is the monument: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Wi...r_Erde_fec.jpg

and the Rathaus:
                      http://www.aeltere-buerger-neu-isenb...r/IMG_4284.JPG

And that's the same scene on a postcard:
                      http://82.165.28.118/shop/ak/13/1351354.jpg

gk

Comment

Ha! You beat me to it GK. I was just going to post those images I found on the internet too.....

Thank you Max

and thank you GK for all of your help!

-Chuck

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X