Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portrait Photograph arrives.

Hi,
    bought this for 2.49 euros about 5 months ago. Forgot all about it. A couple of days ago there it was, came by sea from Germany. Someones relative, son whatever, forgotten by his family. He is wearing a M43 Cap so at that stage of the war he had little to smile about. It hangs on my wall now and for what its worth I have helped remember this soldier and honor his memory. Does that sound corny? I may not have met this soldier but I ponder on his life, did he survive to be an old man or is he buried somewhere on the Eastern Front. The frame is old and has no marks etc to reveal who this soldier is. I could remove it from the frame but have opted not to. The best 2 euros I ever spent.
    cheers robert
    Attached Files

Someones Son

a closeup.
    Attached Files

Comment

It is a nice foto, but I cant help but wonder if a note scrawled on the back of the picture could resolve some of your questions. Perhaps taking it out of the frame will reveal quite a bit, or nothing, but anyay great for 2 euros.

Comment

2 euro is cheap, but now let us know what the postage cost was

Comment

It's a great item, and like all these portraits, leaves you wondering about who he was and waht happened to him and his family. That's what I like about photos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X