SS photo postcards for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS photo postcards for review

Paper items are not my thing, so I'll just put these up and take opinions on them. Out of a baggie of postcards I have, these seem to be SS related. The top one is about 4 by 5 3/4 inches and shows a SS band on horseback. The rear says it is "Der Paukenschlager des Trompeterkorps einer SS-Kavalleriedivision". The bottom left is an LAH SS NCO wearing his EK2 and crusher cap. It is about 3 by 4 1/2 inches, and the rear has a preprinted stamp on it. The lower right recruiting postcard is about 4 by 6 inches. Any opinions on the authenticity and value of these would be great, thanks!
    Attached Files

Here is a rear shot:
    Attached Files

Comment

Of the 3 cards shown, the one that has the best chance of being a genuine period card is the SS band on Horseback.

The other cards are DEFINITELY poor copies.

Given the fact that all other cards are NFG, I would need to handle in my hands the one card that might be good.

My feeling is until I had a chance to see this one card in person, I tend to think that it is also NFG.

Again, sorry.

Ramon

Comment

Originally posted by ramon View Post
        Of the 3 cards shown, the one that has the best chance of being a genuine period card is the SS band on Horseback.

The other cards are DEFINITELY poor copies.

Given the fact that all other cards are NFG, I would need to handle in my hands the one card that might be good.

My feeling is until I had a chance to see this one card in person, I tend to think that it is also NFG.

Again, sorry.

Ramon
        I would completely agree with Ramon's assessment...the ss band postcard was published on cheap paper at the time and it may well be that it is original here....but without actually handling it, it is impossible to tell...if all three cards come or came from the same source then I would assume it more likely that this ss band postcard is also fake...Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X