Unknown BDM Cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown BDM Cufftitle

The book "Jugend im Reich" published in 1943 has a photo of what appear to be BDM girls tipping a bucket of potatoes into a burlap bag. The girl holding the bag is wearing her district triangle (Nord Nordmark) and a medic's life rune patch on the sleeve of her sweater. She is also wearing a cuff title on the same sleeve. The wording on the cuff title title is not completely visible, what can be seen reads "KLV-Sell....". I've not seen that cuff title before. Does anyone know what the rest of the cuff title should be? Unfortunately, I do not own the book so I am unable to post a more hi-res scan.
    Attached Files

BDM cuffband

Hi
    possible a cuffband relating to a Kinderverschickungslager (KLV) a camp to protect children from the rain of bombs in the city`s .mainly from 1943 onwards there was several of these camps, even 22 in Denmark where I´m from.

The translation may be a "camp for children, send away", just like children in UK.
    Last edited by hallandsen; 06-12-2008, 01:46 PM.

Comment

By golly you just may be right. I wasn't thinking along those lines. Thanks very much for your response.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X