FW190 Photos to share?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FW190 Photos to share?

I have none myself unfortunately, original photos seem to be quite rare and very expensive when they come up for sale. Anyone willing to post some? Any JG26 pics would be very welcome as I'm currently reading their war diaries.

If you can find a copy of the first "Luftwaffe im Focus Special No. 1 - Colour" published by Luftfahrtverlag-Start, I contributed a number of FW 190 color slide images to that project. You might be interested in those.

seekwhence

Comment

Wow, overwhelming response.

seekwhence, thanks for the tip. I managed to download a copy of that publication, very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
        Wow, overwhelming response.
        seekwhence, thanks for the tip. I managed to download a copy of that publication, very impressive.
        I think that's because there is so much published material out there on the Fw 190. Have you shopped around on the Luftwaffe aviation web sites and asked for titles of books and monographs on the Fw 190 and its many, many variants?

Here are just two of perhaps 20 or more published since the early 1960's:

Cooksley, Peter G. Focke-Wulf 190A. Aerodata International No. 1. Oxford: Vintage Aviation Publications, 1977. ISBN: 0 905469 20 8. Oversize pb with laminated cover. 20p. plus inserts. Heavily illus. Color profiles.

Nowarra, Heinz J. The Focke-Wulf 190: A Famous German Fighter. Letchworth (Herts): Harleyford Publications, 1965. Hb. Dj. 212p. Heavily illus. Color profiles. 3-view dwgs. Supplements. Index.

Comment

I see many an original private snapshot of Luftwaffe aeroplanes for sale on German ebay but they always go for more money than I'm willing to spend. 100 plus euros on average for each interesting one is too much for me. People are buying them though which is why I asked if anyone here has some to share? For example, a fantastic private shot of Hans-Joachim Marseille looking into the cockpit of an up to now, unkown 109 was bought the other day for about 150 euros I think it was but who know if we will ever see it again.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
            I have none myself unfortunately, original photos seem to be quite rare and very expensive when they come up for sale. Anyone willing to post some? Any JG26 pics would be very welcome as I'm currently reading their war diaries.
            Try to get the JG.26 photo book.....yes from the same author !!!

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X