Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H.U.V. Alta

Hi!

Is there anyone who can inform me about H.U.V Alta, what unit it was and what division it belonged to? And what does K.V.A stand for?

Regards Paal

K.V.A. Kampfkräftige Vorausabteilung
    H.U.V. Heeres-Unterkunft-Verwaltung

But no information regarding said unit with me...

and K.V.A. may well be incorrect, maybe something... Anwarter?

Comment

Thank you, Akira!
      Do you know what Unterkunft-Verwaltung is?

Regards
      Paal

Comment

Hei Paal

Would it be something like Army Accommodation Administration ?

Regards

Simon
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

H(e)i Simon!

Have you any information about this unit?

Regards
          Paal

Comment

Hei Paal

No, i'm afraid i don't. Unusual unit though

mvh

Simon
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

K.V.A. in this document is the rank. Kriegs-Verwaltungs-Assistent which is equivalent to Oberfeldwebel. The preposition Kriegs- says that he was an army official during the war-period. In german: Beamter auf Kriegsdauer.
              HUV is right. Heeres-Unterkunfts-Verwaltung. Alta is a town in north Norway on the shore.

Sorry to correct You, Akira.

Kind regards
              Robert

Comment

Hi Robert!

Thank you for the information!
                Have been to Alta one time, i am from the other end of Norway.....

Regards
                Paal

Comment

Just to be complete..

Your document was signed by General Emmerich von Nagy.

He was commanding general of the Grenzschutz-Abschnitts-Kommando 20 from 1.9.1939 - 25.10.30, the unit renamed into 538. Division z.b.V. where he remained commander until 2.5.41 as a Generalmajor.

On 1.7.1941 he took over the command of the Abschnitts-Stab Nordnorwegen, this being renamed to Höheres Kommando z.b.V. LXXI, where he was the commanding General until 1.11.1942, now promoted to a Generalleutnant.
                  Nagy is not listed in Fellgiebel's book about KC-holders, so he was no KC-recipient.

And one more addition. HUV was also used as an abbreviation for Heeres-Unteroffiziers-Vorschule, but these schools were always numbered with roman numerals up to XXI and they were only located on home territorries, never in occupied countries, so HUV in this case is Heeres-Unterkunfts Verwaltung - Army Accomodation Administration.
                  Just to be complete..

Kind regards
                  Robert

Comment

Thank you very much for correction and added details! <i>Kampfkräftige Vorausabteilung</i> cannot be a rank, that's why I thought it be incorrect.

Per Tessin Vol.1 all HUVs were numbered, probably they were renamed later?

Comment

NCO Preparatory Schools

The HUVs were numbered. The roman number corresponded to the military district in which they were located. So the HUV VII was located in Munich, the Wehrbereich VII for example. Not all military districts had their own schools, but numbers up to XXI were given. Often the schools were not called by numbers rather than by their towns, so it is much more common to read or hear HUV Munich rather then HUV VII.

The HUVs were instituted in 1940 by the OKH, the army high command, but the Nazi - Reichsjugendführung didn't like them. They wanted to educate the youth under the authorities of the Nazi-party and with their ideology, so already in 1941 the HUVs were disbanded. Young boys who joined before that date, could finish their three years education, so the last HUV closed in 1944.

For that reasons, I don't think that any HUVs were founded in foreign countries.

Visit my Website-special about the HUVs

Unteroffiziers-Vorschulen

Kind regards
                      Robert

Comment

Hi all!

Thank you very much for the information, Robert!!!

Regards
                        Paal

(Oberleutnant zur See der reserve)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X