Hitler signature photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler signature photo

Is this a well known photo ( I havent seen it before ) cheers Rob.
    Last edited by ROBB; 01-15-2009, 01:11 PM.
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Ok I found the photo how about the signature anyone hazzard a guess on authenticity? cheers Rob

Comment

Hello there,

You're going to have to post some close up images for us.

William Kramer
      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

I cant just yet its among a load of photos of Lubeck and ww2 Brit medals and bits and pieces . I took a risk and bought the lot as it was reasonably priced , I will post close ups when it arrives . Fingers Crossed, Rob.

Comment

The image is a well known Hoffmann image and appears in a commonly seen cigarette album.

Ramon

Comment

Just on the image you have posted, I'll say the signature is not right.
            Max.

Comment

What dont you like about it Max ? Its on a postcard sized photo not a cigarette card ,and seems to be faded fountain pen ink ,I can just see a little kid holding it up Oi Adolph sign this will ya and getting a quick sigg from the old leader .Rob

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
                What dont you like about it Max ? Its on a postcard sized photo not a cigarette card ,and seems to be faded fountain pen ink ,I can just see a little kid holding it up Oi Adolph sign this will ya and getting a quick sigg from the old leader .Rob
                Angles, formation of letters, position of signature, the type of photograph, ink used, pen used. I hope you didn't pay too much.
                Max.

Comment

I have had a look on line at Hitlers sigs and the only real difference I can find is the Hitler bit is slightly more sloped downwards , Oh look theres Hitler damm I only have this tourist postcard "oi Hitler sign this " But I dont have a pen " use mine . No I didnt pay very much at all . Thanks your your input Max ,when it arrives I will post some clear photos unless its a print in which case you wont hear from me again ,Cheers Rob.

Comment

Hello Robb,

Don't be put off by the term, 'cigarette card'.

It merely means the illustration appears in a cigarette album rather than denoting a particular size. I suspect that your illustration is from the cigarette album. When you have received it, please remove it from its mount and look at the reverse. I would be interested in seeing what you find.

If it is a cigarette album illustration, the value is approx 5USD or less as they are very common. Concerning the signature, I, as others, doubt its authenticity.

Ramon

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
                      I have had a look on line at Hitlers sigs and the only real difference I can find is the Hitler bit is slightly more sloped downwards , Oh look theres Hitler damm I only have this tourist postcard "oi Hitler sign this " But I dont have a pen " use mine .
                      Sorry, but to the trained eye there are numerous faults with this example.
                      Your explanation of how the possible course of events transpired in obtaining the autograph is amusing, but rather more wishful thinking on your part I think.
                      Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but even on the poor image posted I am 99.9999999....% sure it is a fake. As I've always maintained, the only certain method of authentication is by physical examination, but some examples are obviously wrong. I'm afraid yours falls within that category.
                      Max.

Comment

I have to agreed with max in this case.
                        This one its not like the models that are considered real. The most of the angles and the whole signature angle are not rights.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X