Preliminary RK Document to Philipp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preliminary RK Document to Philipp

I would like your thoughts on this document. It appear to be signed by General der Flieger Gustav Kestner-Kirkdorf. Comparisons to documents issued in the same time period are favorable. Thanks, Richard
    Attached Files

A portrait of the awardee. If this is good, there must be other articles of his out there. But where?
    Attached Files

Comment

I can't fault it in any way, if it's bad then it can't be seen from a scan or photo.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon - thank you for taking a look. I can find no fault with it either. Attched is a photo of him walking with some people. I cannot figure out what the badge is above the German Cross. It is diamond shaped with thee horizontal sections of which the center one is light colored. There is a central motif runs verticaly and seems larger in the top portion. Anyone have any ideas on this?
        Attached Files

Comment

Might want to check the spelling of the signer's name:

Luftwaffenpersonalamt
          (Air Force Personnel Department)

Chef
          Gen.d.Flieger Gustav Kastner-Kirdorf (1 Feb 39 - 23 Feb 43)
          Gen.Oberst Bruno Loerzer (23 Feb 43 - 20 Dec 44)
          Gen.d.Flieger Rudolf Meister (22 Dec 44 - 8 May 45)

Comment

RK Document to Philipp

WHAT A FABULOUS DOCUMENT!

What is it's provenance - is it for sale, or was it a recent acquisition?

Comment

It was purchased at a show in Germany and is a recent acquisition. I am not a document collector per se but pick up ones occaisionally that interest me. This one has everything I like so it could not be passed up.

Comment

The diamond pin looks similar to the Hitlerjugend membership pin. He was only 26 when he died, so I wonder if he wore it to signify earlier membership in the HJ ? It would have been about the right time period (born 1917).

Also, he doesn't have a breast eagle on the tunic.

Andrew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X