Wehrmacht Luftwaffe License Plate Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrmacht Luftwaffe License Plate Help

I have the license plates "WL 126146" and "WL 188703". I know it is a Luftwaffe license plate, but these don't fit under any documented category from units at the home front. This was a front line unit, and therefore has some other plate number than I can find.

If you can help, please do. I believe it is a Luftwaffe-Feld division, and this unit was in Narva at some point in either 1942 or 1944.

Best regards,
    Mansal

WL 126146 belonged to a trailer of FlakAbt.74

WL 188703 belonged to a mecedes DB320, (FlakBat.55 ? )

Do you want to know if these plates are genuine ?
    feel so free to send pm with pictures

Charles
    Last edited by DRm; 04-09-2008, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Question.

Is there a resource where this information, re license plates and what unit etc is kept?

If so can I be directed towards it, please.

Cheers

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by Karl B View Post
        Question.
        Is there a resource where this information, re license plates and what unit etc is kept?
        If so can I be directed towards it, please.
        Cheers
        Karl
        Indeed, Karl. I have seen these license plate questions posted here dozens of times before and no ever seems to know the answer. Suddenly, enters Charles with all the right match-ups. Perhaps Charles knows of a secret master list of all Wehrmacht vehicle license plates and the vehicle and unit they were registered to? Sort of a Department of Motor Vehicles data base for the Third Reich? That would be a fascinating discovery and Charles would become a celebrity over night! Thousands would come forward and make him a very wealthy man.

Comment

Here is information of license plate numbers before the front.

http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/numm...r/license1.htm

Hope it helps some people!

What Charles did was amazing though. He got way more specific and front line plates.

Comment

Here is information of license plate numbers before the front.
            http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/numm...r/license1.htm
            Hope it helps some people!
            Well, I think most of us who have tried to track down license plate numbers know of Christoph's list. But that does not explain where Charles got his information. Perhaps he has some known photos of le.Flak-Abt. 74 (mot) vehicles that have numbers very close to WL 126146. Incidently, le.Flak-Abt. 74 (mot) was never anywhere near Narva. It was on the central sector of the Russian Front (Vyazma area, Orel area and Baranowicze variously under 18. and then 12. Flak-Div.) for all of 1942, 1943 and until June 1944. Furthermore, there was no "FlakBat.55", whatever the hell that is. There was a I. und II./Flak-Rgt. 55, but there were not formed until 1 January 1945 (Utrecht area of Holland).

So, in sum, either Charles is sadly mistaken and talking through his hat, or Charles intentionally posted disinformation in response to your question. It had better not be the latter, because if it is Mr. Charles is in big trouble. I will personally see that he is bounced off this web site faster than he can whistle Dixie. The intentional posting of false and misleading information on any of the forums is in direct violation of WAF's rules of conduct.

--Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry deZeng View Post
              Well, I think most of us who have tried to track down license plate numbers know of Christoph's list. But that does not explain where Charles got his information. Perhaps he has some known photos of le.Flak-Abt. 74 (mot) vehicles that have numbers very close to WL 126146. Incidently, le.Flak-Abt. 74 (mot) was never anywhere near Narva. It was on the central sector of the Russian Front (Vyazma area, Orel area and Baranowicze variously under 18. and then 12. Flak-Div.) for all of 1942, 1943 and until June 1944. Furthermore, there was no "FlakBat.55", whatever the hell that is. There was a I. und II./Flak-Rgt. 55, but there were not formed until 1 January 1945 (Utrecht area of Holland).

So, in sum, either Charles is sadly mistaken and talking through his hat, or Charles intentionally posted disinformation in response to your question. It had better not be the latter, because if it is Mr. Charles is in big trouble. I will personally see that he is bounced off this web site faster than he can whistle Dixie. The intentional posting of false and misleading information on any of the forums is in direct violation of WAF's rules of conduct.

--Larry
              Larry,

Thanks for the protection you offer me, though I must say it doesn't seem he's trying to do wrong by me. You never know, so we'll sit back and wait for his response.

I looked and found niether of the units on the Narva list either, so I don't know.

best regards,
              Mansal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X