Luftwaffe Marine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Marine

This photo took my eye because of the ribbon bar but I was interested to see that he has a WW1 naval wound badge in black. I'd also be interested to know what the maltese cross is - from pictures I've seen it could be a Detachement v. Randow (Freikorps) or the Abzeichen fur Dienstgrade of the Deutsch-Russische Westarmee. Any suggestions/ information?
    Attached Files

He isn't wearing his maltese cross in this one (dated 1941, or in another dated summer 1940)

I make his ribbon bar to be: EKII(1914), Cross of Honour 1914-18. Austian Commemorative War Medal 1914-18, Red Eagle Order (but not sure), Baltic Cross (despite the fact that he's wearing the pin-back version), Sudentenland Medal, Hungarian WW1 Medal, Bulgarian WW1 Medal.

Surprised that he doesn't have any long service award.
    Attached Files

Comment

No NAME? Although not a WW1 flyer, he appears to be wearing Luftwaffe flight branch tabs!

You got that right-- he was being VERY naughty wearing the proscribed Freikorps cross in the first photo, a definite post-1934

I agree with ribbon bar except #4-- I can't tell from the small light fuzzy, but no way it could be a Red Eagle. If you can get the ribbon bar straight and bigger, maybe then it can be ID'd. I suspect it's a Silesian Eagle.

Chances are I've got decades worth of data on him as a former Imperial navy officer or officer cadet... but noooooooooo name.......

Comment

I think his name is Plath - the small portrait photo has "Plath 20/VI/41" written on the back and I don't know a place called Plath.

This is the best I can get the ribbon bar. Still not coming out that clearly but the unidentified ribbon is three stripes - light colour either side of a central white stripe, so agree with Silesian Eagle.

Thanks again Rick.
        Attached Files

Comment

Rick - help!

Plath??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X