Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important translation needed please

Hi all,
    Can anybody help me to translate this 5 years postwar letter from KC Gelbhaar please?its important as its related to a soldbuch group i own

cheers

Daniele
    Attached Files

the last part of the letter:
    Attached Files

Comment

Daniele -

Rather than burden someone with a task that will take a couple of hours of their time, why not scan it, edit it, and then cut it and paste it into Babelfish of one of the other on-line translators? If you do not have a scanner, then why not re-type it, paragraph-by-paragraph, into the on-line translator? Perhaps someone with nothing better to do will come along and do this for you, but you may have to wait longer than it will take you to do it yourself.

--Larry

Comment

Larry, online translators translate literally and lots of sentences come out making no sense at all.
        I prefer to wait for some german speaker gentleman to help me with this.
        thanks

Daniele

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
          Larry, online translators translate literally and lots of sentences come out making no sense at all.
          I prefer to wait for some german speaker gentleman to help me with this.
          thanks
          Daniele
          Well, like I said, that will take someone an hour or two to translate the 2-page letter, Daniele, so I hope you pay him well!

--Larry

Comment

A beer should be fine?

Comment

A beer should be fine?
              I'd charge you two cases of beer or two liter bottles of Schnapps or cognac, but HEY!, maybe you'll hit it lucky and find someone who'll do it for a Bratwurst, a Brochen and a dab of Senf!

Comment

I'm with Larry on this; use an online translator. At least TRY, then when you get something you don't understand, ask for help.

If you're gonna collect German militaria, especially documents, you NEED to learn German.

best
                Hank
                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X