Autographed Luftwaffe Fighter Pilot Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autographed Luftwaffe Fighter Pilot Photos

Greetings all, since I can't post pictures on this site as yet I have posted some photos on Photobucket. In the 80's and 90's I wrote to some German pilots and expressed my interest in the Luftwaffe of WWII. All wrote back and included autographed photos of thereselves in uniform during the period. A great reference for proper wear of awards. Erich Hartmann personalized his photo to me in May of 1991. Sadly he signed in ballpoint pen and it is fading after all of these years. Any advice on preserving it would be greatly appreciated. Most Germans signed post war pictures in felt-tipped pens that never fade. It seems the one's signed in ballpoint pen start to fade, could be a chemical reaction between the photo and ink.

The photos are of:
    Anton Hafner
    6./J.G.51 "Molders"
    RK-23.8.42
    E (452.) 4.6.44

Siegfried Röthke
    Staffelkapitän 6
    RK-2.6.43

Diethelm Von Eichel-Stribe

Adolf Galland

Erich Hartmann

Others will follow at a later date, here is the link for viewing.

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...070/LW%photos/

Hi Donnie,

Your link isn't working. Anton Hafner was KIA on 17.10.44 and is a scarce autograph. I'd be interested to know where you got it. The others are more common. I believe von Eichel-Streiber immigrated to the US after the war. The best way to preserve your items is to keep them out of sunlight, and put them in archival sleeves.

Comment

I don't know why the link is not working,I will check on it. One thing I should have made clear, I tend to generalize when I make comments. I hear it from my wife all the time. By "some" should not have been the way I posted, while it is true I have "some" and more, it needs further explaination. The one of Anton Hafner I bought from a collector in the late 70's, I added that photo just because it is one of my favorites. I have others like that or just the autograph itself. I will buy an associate membership so I can add attachments on the site and not an outside source. I apologize for the misunderstanding and inconvenience.
      Thank you for the advice on how to preserve the Erich Hartmann photo.

Comment

No problem, Donnie, looking forward to seeing the Hafner photo.

Comment

Luftwaffe signatures

Hi, I am a new member to this forum, and wanted to add some interesting pictures of my current collection. If you have any questions or queries regarding these pictures don't hesitate to drop a line. I am going to try to add just a few to see how it works out. Others may follow later... Cheers mates![IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Comment

GREAT PICTURES THANKS FOR POSTING ......steve

Comment

I got this signed post war photo of a Pilot years ago...can't exactly remember since I don't collect these. I may put it up on E-Stand...Does anyone have any history on this RKT. Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

Bill,

It's Klaus Häberlen, Kmdr of I/KG51.

Cheers
                Elwyn

Comment

Autographs Luftwaffe

While these are no real signed photographs, I do rate both items pretty high because of the personal touch. Especially in view of the fact that both Luftwaffe personalities didn't survive the war and died in pretty misterious circumstances. Just think about the fact that Mölders died just over a month after having signed this book!!!
                  The first book is a first edition of Mein Fliegerleben, by Ernst Udet, the second one a copy of Mölders und seine Männer. Both items speek for theirselves...

Let me have your thoughts...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X