SD postcard and Hitler card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD postcard and Hitler card

Not sure of what I have got. Found them in a junk store with some American paper items. Will post the American stuff in the proper area. Do not know if they are authentic,or if they have any value. I have learned anything to do with SS units can be valuable. That said I do not intend to sell them, I would just like to know.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The first item you've depicted here is a shaby reprint not worth the paper it's printed on. The reverse information you've shown is cleary a bad reprint. The interesting thing about the reverse printed information is that the original of this card (one of 6 images in the series, by the way) was not published by Hoffmann. A complete piece of rubbish.

The second item is from a cigarette album as noted by the information printed on the reverse. In the condition this is in, I wouldn't value it more than a $1.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But as you said, you bought them from a junk store and you weren't kidding.

Cheers,

Ramon
            Last edited by ramon; 03-31-2008, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I paid $5.00 for these and the American paper items I posted in the American section. I am just happy to know for sure, one way or the other. The things people on this forum know always impresses me.

Comment

The first image is of members of a SD Einsatzkommando during the 1939 Polish campaign.
                Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                  The first image is of members of a SD Einsatzkommando during the 1939 Polish campaign.
                  Max.
                  As noted in my original response to the OP, this is one image of 6 of the series depicting police activities in Poland.

Ramon

Comment

Originally posted by ramon View Post
                    As noted in my original response to the OP, this is one image of 6 of the series depicting police activities in Poland.

Ramon
                    Sorry, but you didn't mention Poland in your first response.
                    Max.

Comment

Actually, Max if you read the German text of the first photo carefully it doesn't say Poland at all.

Comment

Actually, from the publication date of the card series, the only "Eisatz im Osten" could be Poland. In addition, the original jacket of the 6 card series carries a map of Poland. I guess for those of us familiar with them, the location is a given.

Comment

Thanks Joe. It's a common mistake for those who are not so familiar with these photos to assume they were taken on the Russian front. That was the reason for my original post pointing out that they were taken in Poland.
                          Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X