Death camp Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death camp Photos

I have picked up these pics this weekend from a estate sale.I have them listed for sale.I have had a couple people tell me they didnt think they were good pics.So here they are for disussion.They do not glow under a black light,they are not marked on the back anywhere.They are on thick photo paper with a slight gloss.They have gotten yellow over the years.They look good to me but lets here your thoughts.

Thanks
    Shawn
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

hey there, Sorry to say that these reprints from various books,

2 of these photos appear on

http://www.holocaustresearchproject....ps/dachau.html

the other one will be there somewhere

and are taken from the following sources

Encyclopedia of the Holocaust. Macmillan Publishing Company, New York, 1990.
        Holocaust by Sir Martin Gilbert, published by Collins London 1986.
        Hitlers Death Camps by Konnilyn Feig, published by Holmes and Meier, New York 1979.
        The Camp Men by French L MacLean published by Schiffer Military History Atglen PA 1999.
        The Final Solution by G. Reitlinger, published by Sphere Books London 1971.
        The USHMM.
        The Dachau Museum.
        Dachau – After the Battle Number 27, published by Battle of Britain Prints, London 1980.

Hope that helps

Comment

reprints

These photos are reprints. I have a number of them that someone had ripped in 4 and likely someone else re-taped. I recall #2 and I possibly have the others.

My personal guess is that these were taken by Allied soldiers after the camps were liberated and then copies generously made shortly thereafter. Possibly for soldiers who were there and perhaps for the war crimes tribunal. Just hypothesizing on a theory.

I'll see if I can find them.

Comment

Hello I cant say good or bad but I have seen these photos before.

Comment

Pictures already saw several times and in this occasion clearly reprints.Sorry but in any case I don't understand why you firmly denied the shipping to Italy....Should we know what's happened with this country??

Comment

All three are very well known historical and widely published photos. Sorry,

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info.Well they will be good for a conversation piece.

As far as Italy Goes,just got burnt a couple times for around 900.00 so you know the saying,one person ruiens it for the others.

Thanks again,Shawn

Comment

French Book about Dachau

These well known photos appeared in a French published book about the Dachau campe that appeared on the scene in 1946 or 1947 and has been reprinted several times since and used in various other publications.
                    Ron Weinand

Comment

They were also reprinted right after the war and distributed to the U.S. soldiers that couldn't make it to see any of the camps..
                      My Uncle [US Vet at Dachau] said that there actually were some soldiers that didn't believe about what happened at the camps and when one of the famous Generals [Eisenhower? Patton?] heard about this they ordered small packets of the Dachau photos printed up in Germany and had them sent around to the troops..I've heard the Russian did the same...

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
                        All three are very well known historical and widely published photos. Sorry,
                        Agreed. Looks like you got burned on these... Sorry.

Rob

Comment

All three of them come from the Ballantine Illustrated History of WWII

#4 in thier Human Conflict Series

Genocide: The Jews in Europe 1939-45, Ward Rutherford

Have it buried at home someplace but all three of these pics are in it and the give away is the first pic it is printed backwards from the orginal negative and cropped the same way.

Very common in this series of books to make the pics fit.

Comment

pix

DaggerAddict>

I've found the 13 photos I have...6 shown below in which you'll find your 3 pix.

In one you'll see what appears to be an American GI. Odd how one photo of the deceased was labeled as 'political prisoners'. Perhaps the author was not aware of the Holocaust's extent.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X