• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last one ........

Cheers,
    John.
    Attached Files

Comment

Picture 15 certainly seems to relate to labour as the banner welcomes back the 3000 sons of Flanders who have helped to bring in the harvest in Greater Germany.

Comment

Your last photo could be taken at the Yser tower in Diksmuide, a very large WW1 monument at the Yser river in Flanders.
        #15 is indeed a "welcome home" ceremony for those who went to work voluntarily on the German countryside.

Comment

Hello Rich and Tim,
          Many thanks for the info and translation,
          seems like 2 different events, caught on film within a few days
          of each other.

Regards,
          John.
          Attached Files

Comment

Dear John,

You'r pictures are very intesting! I'm living in Flanders (the northen part of Belgium) and never saw pictures like those before. I'm wondering where you found them. In wich year are those token?

If you like, I can give you more information about the Flemisch colaboration.

On the banner of you're last picture, can you read: "To the 3000 Flemisch sons who helpen Great Germany with collecting there harvest"
            If collecting is the wright word....

Greets,

Comment

Thanks for the photos!

Beautiful!

John you know this Belgian WH Soldier?
              But he is not Flemish.

Comment

Hello Sturkreuz,
                Very nice picture, awarded man with nice family, I hope
                he survived to see them grow..

Jagdpanther.
                Sadly no more information, one could stretch to 1941-43,
                prehaps records exist somewhere deep in an archive.
                Or the memories of those involved if they remain with us.

Note in picture 5 a photographer on the right, I wonder if the newspaper
                archive in Belgium has microfilm copies.?

Cheers,
                John.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN JONES View Post
                  Very nice picture, awarded man with nice family, I hope
                  he survived to see them grow.
                  He did survive, though that was perhaps not what everyone was hoping for. Shown is SS-StandartenfĂĽhrer Leon Degrelle, head of the Wallonien division. He lived in exile in Spain after the war.

I'm not sure though what is the relevance of this photo (copy-pasted from the internet, by the way) in this thread. Does it go to prove that the Walloon people collaborated as well? Or is it a reply to the title of the thread or the opening post, which did not quite cover the content.

To stay on-topic, my guess would be 1941 because of the propaganda campaign to work voluntarily in Germany. Forced labour deporation started late 1942.
                  Last edited by Tim DC; 04-02-2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

The photo I posted is because the title says "Belgiums in WH" I though for him posting this photo also.

Comment

Very nice pictures!
                      The first pictures are from the homecoming of children that went on holyday in Germany, probably with the KLV (Kinderlandverschickung). In Flanders the KLV was organised by the NSV (Nationalsozialistische Volkswohlfahrt) and the DeVlag (Deutsch-Vlämische arbeitsgemeinschaft).
                      Other pictures show Rexist men in black, that probably leave Belgium for the eastern-front. I hope there are some Rex-researchers who can identify the Rexist officers?
                      <O</O
                      Michael

Comment

Thanks Michael,
                        Yes my heading may have been a curved ball, because
                        of the lack of SS and flowers being handed out to military age males, but
                        translation of the banners has straightened things out.

Thanks to all for the input.

Comment

Hello

Pic 4 shows members of the Rexist Youth presenting the 4 flags of the Legion Wallonie (1st - 4th coy) in front of the Brussels Town Hall. (10.3.1942)

At the other pics you can see some wallonien volunteers, wearing their black "Formations de Combat" uniforms. The pics are taken at the time of their voluntary to the Legion Wallonie (Infanterie Bataillon 373) The pics should be taken at 10.3.1942. (second contingent of Legion Wallonie)

Pic 7
                          The men on the right could be Fernand Rouleau. (First Adjudant as a Leutnant of Infanterie Bataillon 373 / Wallonische Legion)

Here are some other pics from Formations de Combat:

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5944
                          On pic 8 of this webside you can see Rene Verdeurs. This pic is made in the near of the Garre du Nord railwaystation. Note the white stripes on his upper sleeve. Each stripe is presentimng 6 month of frontline presence during WW I.
                          On pic 9 of this webside you can see Fernand Rouleau. On pic 13 you can see jubilating people. After the war this people condemned the same volunteers to death...

For more infos ask Eddy de Bruyne. (I think this pics are out of the collection of Eddy de Bruyne)

Best regards, Fronti
                          Last edited by Frontalschaden; 04-04-2008, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X