dutch collaborator notice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dutch collaborator notice?

i bought some items recently from a vets relative that he brought back from holland during war, he also brought back a notice that was stuck on a ladys door which he removed and brought home, here is a photo copy of it,the origional is on orange paper can anybody tell me what it says or means thanks dave
    Attached Files

Hi Dave, just type in the text here.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

It is titled "Last Warning".

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

d

thanks ade for that link, have saved it to my favourites for future it translated most of it but a few words it didnt , maybe all the words werent dutch, thanks again dave

Comment

Interesting piece of history. It's complete in Dutch. This is an early 1945 warning notice dating from the repression days, when after the Germans were driven out, collaborators were threatened by a mix of resistance members and less clean elements. The lady on whose door this was stuck was probably one of the victims.

Last warning!
        1. We demand every German minded and collaborator to close his shop.
        2. We demand that every family, of which the family father is interned (as a collaborator) leaves the community within 48 hours.
        3. He who helps the "blacks" (collaborators) is as guilty as the blacks themselves.
        The clearance action

Comment

c

fantastic, thanks very much tim for the translation, yes he said that the woman was crying so he removed it from her door, thanks again dave

Comment

s

i have asked seller if he would sell it as i quite like it but how would you value something like this? as he said make me an offer,, cheers dave

Comment

I would value this kind of pamphlet on 20 EUR, but that's just my personal estimation.

Comment

t

thank you tim it gives me an idea as to value, cheers dave

Comment

c

well it landed
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X