Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"So I just want to say even if most or all the people say something is wrong, keep looking and don't believe all your told or read, I never do on this site or others all the time...."

I would listen to people that have no vested interest in an item before I listen to the guy who sold it, owns it, or used it in a book. All of the latter have reasons for wanting it to be real.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Max

Many thanks for contributing to the thread, i was hoping you'd chime in on the Schmundt sig.

Originally posted by max history
      Interesting reading.
      I have no doubt that the Schmundt signature is a forgery. It is a technically poorly executed copy where the characteristics of the lettering and flow immediately indicate that it was not naturally written by a hand without prior thought. Apart from the obvious discrepancies compared to a genuine Schmundt signature, Schmundt's authentic handwriting and signature shows a marked lean to the left, more obvious in the upright characters. In this example, the forger has attempted to lean the characters towards the left, but does not succeed in going far enough. This is a well known characteristic of a forger's hand, indicating a nervousness in going too far. The genuine Schmundt signature has breaks in the flow of the pen; the forgery does not. The bottom loops of his letters are sharp; in the forgery they are rounded. There are a number of other reasons why I can see it is a fake, including the composition of the actual document, but I believe that enough reasons have been provided.
      Max.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

OK, I will post what I have and I KNOW if I sent this grouping off to 10 people 8 out of ten would say it's a good grouping you will always have doubters out there, I know this has a rock solid Providence and will not go into it here. But for all the people who will stick to it's a fake grouping all I can say is please keep passing on items you think might be fake so others can research and validate the items one day.

I will post Benders letters but I don't have copies of the sent letters from the persons, I have no doubt that some members can get a hold of those Letters that Bender received.

PLEASE DON'T POST TIL ALL ARE ON THE SITE.
        I will leave it up to the memembers to zoom in, it is to time comsuming for me to due for all.

thanks greg koepp
        Attached Files

Comment

Please know and expect NOT to to see the wear and tear or age of these Documents by these photos.

this is the letter from Bender after he received the Documents.

greg koepp
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is one that he thanked for other Documents he sent for the book.

greg koepp
            Attached Files

Comment

I will try to keep the photos in order but might have some out of order.

This is the Stamped Signature of what you think is a fake? it looks like a stamped name?

greg koepp
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is the Stamp on the Knights Cross Document, I tried to get a good one but it is very faint now, I guess you could copy it better on a copy machine.

greg koepp
                Attached Files

Comment

Here you can see it lightly in the left side just as it is in the Book.

greg koepp
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is the GCG, Doc closer.

greg koepp
                    Attached Files

Comment

Stamp on GCG.

greg koepp
                      Attached Files

Comment

Signature on GCG Doc.

greg koepp
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very Rare Promotion Doc, for Otto.

greg koepp
                          Attached Files

Comment

Super nice Stamping and Signature.

greg koepp
                            Attached Files

Comment

I forgot what this one was for?

greg koepp
                              Attached Files

Comment

Super Promotion Doc to 2nd LT.

greg koepp
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X