Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re ian's post

Thank you Ian,

I am tired tonight.... I missed this detail!! I need some goggles.

cheers

erik

Comment

Type of paper depends of the printer availability so don't worry about this, I have seen from the same medal and same printer both types of paper, the more consistent and the thinner one.

Angel
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

re Angel comments

Thank you Sir,

Wow - it is late in beautiful Spain! I have spent many fantastic summers in Valencia.

Thank you for your comments. I do not worry ... I like detail! I have to learn, and as I mentioned - my knowledge on documents is weak.

I have no more information on this individual, but I intend on researching further. Any suggestions??

3 hours till sunrise......

erik

Comment

Apart from looking at books and web search the best option is to find someone who has Wehrpass from this division or, better, from that regiment, unafortunately I have search and no one for 170 Inf.Div. I have for 124 and 132.

Angel
          Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Awsome,

The search begins......

I would like to purchase the physical Romanian award - to match the document. If you run across please let me know!!!

thank you for your help

erik

Comment

170 I.D. Wehrpass and divisional history

Hi,

I've got the divisional history in German and a Wehrpass to an Obergefreiter who served with both I.R. 391 and I.R. 401.

Very scant details of his service can be found at http://www.zeltbahn.net/wehrpass/wp_inf.htm. As I am busy cataloguing my 1914-1918 Militärpässe for the moment, I'll probably not get around to writing up his story until some time in the autumn (but don't hold your breath).

Gary T also has a 170. I.D. Wehrpass listed on his site at http://www.percy.clara.net/infanterie101-250.htm.

There is also an on-line overview at www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de which seems to be the same as the Tessin entry for the division.

Trust this will help a little.

/David

Comment

Excellent links above - Thank you for your help!!!

erik

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X