MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantastic Dak Photos Are Available Cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

There are many really fantastic original DAK photos available for only a few euro on www.ebay.de

Why pay $20 for one?

Christopher
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 02-26-2008, 11:09 PM.

Here's another great photo listed at less than 2 euro:

C.
    Attached Files

Comment

Veteran group photo.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

There are many really fantastic original DAK photos available for only a few euro on www.ebay.de

Why pay $20 for one?

Christopher
        Attached Files

Comment

Luft man with nice pith in Afrika.
          Attached Files

Comment

are these selling for low prices? Or is it just the initial listing price?

Mike

Comment

That one IMHO is a fake...

Mike

Ebay.de WAS a good place to buy photos inexpensively a few years ago. But in the last year at least the prices have gone thru the high end. Not saying one doesn't get a deal every so often.

Mike
              Originally posted by DAKcollector1 View Post
              Luft man with nice pith in Afrika.

Comment

Care to make a wager on that photo, Mike? Where do you live in Indiana?

They're selling in that range: 1-5 euro.

Christopher

Comment

Well I am not a gambling man but judging by the yellowish color and the scalloped edges it has all the hallmarks.

Did you pick it up from ebay.de? If so I would love to see better scans as I am allways looking to expand my knowledge base.

Mike

Southern Indiana. Accross from Louisville, KY.
                  If they are selling in that range then they ARE good deals.
                  Care to make a wager on that photo, Mike?
                  Last edited by R MICHAEL; 02-27-2008, 12:27 AM. Reason: didn't read prior post fully.

Comment

I'm from Chicago.

It's genuine photo Mike. Most of the stuff there is legit.

Why spend $20 for a fake when you can buy an original, interesting photo for much less.

I will buy it and send it to you for your reference.

Christopher

Comment

No need Christopher. I agree I have bought a fake or two but always unkowningly. My feeling on the scallops are they are to small of a repeating pattern, very simular to those KGB fakes from the Ukraine. I do notice that the leading edges are "bumped" down a bit to minimize the effect of the pattern. It does have me curious as to why you feel it is original.

Mike
                      I'm from Chicago.

It's genuine photo Mike. Most of the stuff there is legit.

Why spend $20 for a fake when you can buy an original, interesting photo for much less.

I will buy it and send it to you for your reference.

Christopher

Comment

As an interested observer on the photo in question I would also like to learn.

I also think it has the fake hallmarks of a Ukrainian birth.

Cheers

Karl

Comment

Hi there!

Yes, one need not look far to see fake (copies) photos. Perhaps our resident photo expert might like to chime in on the fake photo issue.

There are some "interesting" photos on e-stand now.

Christopher

Comment

Christopher,

I agree with Mike it has all the hallmarks...these days you have to be careful....prices are climbing especially for those photos with high profiles FJ SS, RKT's and of SUDEK interest!! Fakes are fast becoming the norm. I have returned photos that were advertised as original only to find out they are repros. The prices they are selling for is not a reflection on whether they are original or not. I do not recommend you promote them and leave it to the buyer...it's also not good to list live auctions and photos that do not belong to you...unless the items being sold are unquestionably fake or as an example stolen images like what happen to me and several other WAF members. just my two cents.

Bill

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
                            No need Christopher. I agree I have bought a fake or two but always unkowningly. My feeling on the scallops are they are to small of a repeating pattern, very simular to those KGB fakes from the Ukraine. I do notice that the leading edges are "bumped" down a bit to minimize the effect of the pattern. It does have me curious as to why you feel it is original.

Mike

Comment

Hi there!

Yes, one need not look far to see fake (copies) photos. Perhaps our resident photo expert might like to chime in on the fake photo issue.

There are some "interesting" photos on e-stand now.

Christopher
                              Not a calling out or step outside challenge but I would like to know which are the "interesting" ones and why.

If there are good fakes please pass on the information or start a discussion thread on the photos in question.

Cheers

Karl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X