Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM officer...any idea who?

Hello,

Can anyone identify the central figure in this photo? He appears to be very short and that may be a clue. Thank you for looking.

2 photos to follow.

Regards to all,
    Stu
    Attached Files

2/2

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stu, I get the feeling he may not even be German?

I know the photo is at an angle, but looking at the jacket and cap, I cannot see any German insignia. The medal ribbon bar to me looks British/Commonwealth.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Not German...Hmmm...could be right.

Hi Ade,

Thanks for your comment. You could be right. It's unfortunate that the subject is at an angle to the camera as it makes the cap insignia impossible to see clearly. The others pictured in the photo do appear to have KM headgear. That's partly why I started off thinking he was KM.

I'll research this a bit further and see what I come up with.

Cheers,
        Stu

Comment

Hi Stu, another thing which makes me think he is not German is the high rank but lack of pin backed awards, EKI etc.

Keep us posted.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi, I agree with Adrian, IMO is a prewar picture with a Brithish naval veteran/officer. If you look at the German officers, most of them has on their caps the first small eagle model, so could be 1934-1935.
            Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
            Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Cap Eagles

Hello Eduardo,

Thanks for pointing out the cap eagle date period. Photo's are new to me (this being my first) and you and Ade are very likely correct. I'll check with a couple guys I know who collect British Naval items and see what they may be able to offer on the ID. I'll update the thread if I get a confirmation.

Regards,
              Stu

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X