Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berghof footage

I hope you guys can help...

The screen grabs below are taken from footage of guests dining at The Berghof.

I'm looking for a hi-res version of the footage. YouTube has it, but only in lo-res.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Chris
    Attached Files

Another.

Appreciate this may not be quite the right forum for this...please advise/move if not.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eva-Brauns-Home-...QQcmdZViewItem

Ian

Comment

That might just do the trick, thanks.

Have you got this set of DVDs? Do you know whether it contains this particular bit of footage?

Comment

If you can see the colors etc. of the land behind the balcony you can perhaps tell if it is the Berghof. It's easy to tell because it is at the top of a great hill/mountain and it has the great Austrian countryside. I'll look at the video itself and try to tell for you.

Comment

Without going back through EB's films, I believe this particular segment was shot outside Bormann's house, not the Berghof. The pan continues on to the right to where you can see the greenhouse buildings in the distance, as I recall. The Berghof terrace did not have a little decorative balustrade like this one.

Looks like Sofie Storck (or Hermann Esser's wife - I have trouble telling those two apart) and Adolf Wagner (on the right). I don't know the man in between.

Geoff Walden

Comment

Geoff

That's interesting - I hadn't considered it wasn't actually at The Berghof.

My interest isn't in the people as much as what's on the table. I'm trying to ID the porcelain pattern they're using. Just can't quite make it out in this low-res version.

I've ordered the DVD (see link above) - hopefully, I'll locate the footage and be able to tell.

Thanks

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by K98_man View Post
                If you can see the colors etc. of the land behind the balcony you can perhaps tell if it is the Berghof. It's easy to tell because it is at the top of a great hill/mountain and it has the great Austrian countryside. I'll look at the video itself and try to tell for you.
                Thanks, that would be great.

Chris

Comment

Chris,

I don't know if this will help in the search when you receive your DVDs, because not all sets may have been recorded the same way, but it might save some time in random hunting, anyway. On the tape set that normally gets copied at the National Archives, the scene you're looking for is on Reel 2, at about 0:54:45 into Disc 1 (I have the 3-DVD set, with EB's Reels 1, 2, and 3A on Disc 1). This scene is about 10 minutes and 30 seconds after the start of Reel 2 itself.

Hope the DVDs show the porcelain pattern!

Geoff

Comment

Hi Geoff

The DVDs (all 8 of them) arrived today. Watched the first two - you're right, the footage I was after is there (thanks for the ebay tip, Ian).

I have to say, if you get the chance, get hold of a copy of these DVDs. Really good footage. Some of the stuff is already on YouTube, but a lot isn't - makes for a surreal evening's viewing.

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Chris

Comment

Im happy i helped.
                      Was the quality of the footage good. I have to buy this box set too, they look fantastic !
                      Cheers.
                      Ian

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                        Im happy i helped.
                        Was the quality of the footage good. I have to buy this box set too, they look fantastic !
                        Cheers.
                        Ian
                        The footage is good. Not great, but good enough to be appreciated. There's a lot of 'family footage' to wade through but it's a nice backdrop to the era. There are also subtitles here and there saying who's on the screen, where the footage was taken etc.

Being silent makes it very surreal too. I watched about an hour and a half and didn't move once I was so mesmerised by it all. Really odd feeling.

I'd get it from the sam guy I did on ebay. He gets back to you with questions straight away and mine took only a few days to arrive.

£30? Can't go wrong.

Enjoy.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                          Im happy i helped.
                          Cheers.
                          Ian
                          The footage is good. Not great, but good enough to be appreciated. There's a lot of 'family footage' to wade through but it's a nice backdrop to the era. There are also subtitles here and there saying who's on the screen, where the footage was taken etc.

Being silent makes it very surreal too. I watched about an hour and a half and didn't move once I was so mesmerised by it all. Really odd feeling.

I'd get it from the same guy I did on ebay. Mine took only a few days to arrive.

£30? Can't go wrong.

Enjoy.

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X