Selling doubles from a group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling doubles from a group

I have a question to all hoto collectors, if youpurchase a group of photos and find that there are double prints will you sell them or retain to not split the group?

Regards

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

For me, so far I have kept the doubles I have.

Cheers

Karl

Comment

I only have one set of doubles, and I have kept them. Though because I know they are not photos actually taken from a lot, but instead just album filler photos, I might consider selling/trading them. It all depends.

Comment

If all photos belong to the same soldier then I keep them together...if not (mixed lot) then I sometimes sell or trade them off. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by K98_man View Post
          I only have one set of doubles, and I have kept them. Though because I know they are not photos actually taken from a lot, but instead just album filler photos, I might consider selling/trading them. It all depends.
          That pretty much sums it up, if they are unique I'd keep them. If they are album fillers I might sell them.

Comment

I keep the duplicate.

With private photos you always assume that it's the ONLY one (but are aware of the potential for duplicates). If I have a duplicate, I keep it to maintain the photo's 'uniqueness' in my possession.

In fact, when I buy a photo, if there's a duplicate, I'll buy it too. I have several examples.

Comment

Here is an example of what I mean, I have these two photos from the state of Otto Milek RK holder.

Left one has no notation on back, right one has the following: "E.K.-Verleihung am Werner Weiss in Püthi-Lager Mai 1944.

So ou keep both, no?

Angel
              Attached Files
              Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Hi Angel,

I would keep the double ones too.

For the ones you show here....they are not exactly the same.
                One is a little bit brighter than the other, the other more dark - grey.
                And on one of them the jacket seems to be a bit larger.
                Just depends on how the negative was placed on the photo-paper.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Eric-Jan is correct...ithey are not an exact copy.

Examine the pocket on the left side of the image. You can see that distance of the pocket's flap to the edge of the photo is much shorter in one picture than in the other.

Being you know the subject is even more reason to hold on to them. Once separated they will eventually drift into anonymity; like twins separated at birth (only 60 years later :-)

te los compro juntos.

Comment

OK, I wil keep both as they are part of a large group fom the state of Rittmeister Otto Milek, RKträger.

Angel
                    Last edited by Angel Farré; 02-09-2008, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Yes these aren't fillers so I would keep them.

Comment

If it's part of an album then never split it. If they're loose and exact duplicates use your judgement.
                        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

OK, but what you think about this........... not from an album, but from the state of Hauptmann Karl Heinz Warnecke, in fact here he is with his little toy.

Angel
                          Attached Files

Comment

and if you also have these?

Angel
                            Attached Files

Comment

What about splitting photo album groups?

It's happening under our own eyes as we speak.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=290645
                              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=290652

I think it's a shame ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X