MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please can you help to understand what's mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please can you help to understand what's mean?

These two inscriptions are from pictures of graveyard....I suppose that they are in german sutterlin, please any help to understand what's mean?Thank you so much in advance...

Originally posted by Tora_Tora_Tora! View Post
    These two inscriptions are from pictures of graveyard....I suppose that they are in german sutterlin, please any help to understand what's mean?Thank you so much in advance...
    I'm probably not much help because I can't decipher the entire thing but in the first one I can read "2. Soldatenfriedhof in XXXXXXXX 30.9.42 ????". The place name (XXXXXXXX) is a strange mix of letters... looks like "Jungbhloino" but that makes absolutely no sense.

I'm even less help with the second one. I can read "25/9/42 † O.Gfr. Behr ??????? ???? in [Jungbhloino?]" followed by a line of scribble in which I can see nothing.

Hopefully that helps a little bit.
    Jason

Comment

Jason,
      quite good... The place name seems really odd. I read Turkbh?ino, so only one letter missing but still no idea where this place could be...

The 2nd line in the 1st pic is "30.9.42 phot" = photo taken 9 Sep 42

In the 2nd line in the 2nd pic I read "Ehrensalve"

Maybe a look at the front of the pics could help

good night
      gk

Comment

Thank you Jason and JK, I will scan the front of the pictures and I will post them!
        Last edited by Tora_Tora_Tora!; 02-04-2008, 02:04 AM.

Comment

The last line of the 2nd photo could be written in a special German shorthand

or stenography - which I do not understand. Sorry.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X