Adolf Hitler Signature Opinions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf Hitler Signature Opinions???

Hi, this signature appears on a cigarette collector card, is in blue ink, it is faded. It is from the property of the late Herman Bath. It is signed vertically to the image of Hitler at the window, my scanner has failed so I can't show the whole photo, just the image of the signature, opinions please??
    thanks Mark
    Attached Files

Mark,
    The image is not good, but I would not want this in my collection. It also appears to be stamped ink.
    Max.

Comment

I suggest you too to check better the image, there is something to clarify about the blue ink....

Comment

Thanks for looking at it Max, it definitely is not a clear ink and more faded than this image shows, it is wide point, and a purpley colour, where the H is cut by the down sweep it shows thicker ink that makes me think it is pen done. The loops of the H are quite long.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKH View Post
          Thanks for looking at it Max, it definitely is not a clear ink and more faded than this image shows, it is wide point, and a purpley colour, where the H is cut by the down sweep it shows thicker ink that makes me think it is pen done. The loops of the H are quite long.
          As I have always maintained, the only sure method is by physical examination. However, I am pretty convinced from the image given that this is not handwritten and certainly not by Hitler himself.
          If you look closely at the two tell-tale points, the crossover of the "f" in Adolf and the crossover of the "H" in Hitler, there does not appear to be a thicker stroke of the pen at the point of crossover. Exactly the opposite....the ink appears to have been lifted away from the paper as the ink stamp was lifted off.
          Max.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by max history; 02-02-2008, 10:13 AM.

Comment

is this not possible with blotting paper having being used max?just a thought, it looks close?

Comment

Originally posted by PHILBROWN View Post
              is this not possible with blotting paper having being used max?just a thought, it looks close?
              No. Blotting paper was not used on photographs usually as it would tend to "spread" the ink as photo paper is not as absorbent as normal writing paper. The cross stroke on the "f" shows the ink has been totally lifted in the centre. This would only ocurr when a stamp is pulled away from the surface, taking some of the ink from the surface because it adhers to the rubber surface.
              Max.

Comment

Hi all thanks for the discussion, having looked at this item with much magnification and light it does seem to be more likely written than stamped. Where the H is crossed you can see the underlying stroke of the H with the crossing on top, I think it is just possible to see in the image on WA.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKH View Post
                  Hi all thanks for the discussion, having looked at this item with much magnification and light it does seem to be more likely written than stamped. Where the H is crossed you can see the underlying stroke of the H with the crossing on top, I think it is just possible to see in the image on WA.
                  Sorry, but I just don't see it.
                  Anyway, even if it were handwritten (which I still doubt), it's not a genuine Hitler signature.
                  Max.
                  Last edited by max history; 02-02-2008, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X