Portrait Foto GenLtn. a.D. 1943

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portrait Foto GenLtn. a.D. 1943

Recent Fleamarket picutre of Generalleutnant a. d. Z.....mann) 1943. anyone can help me with the name and the hostory of this man?

Erich
    Attached Files

the back is a dedication to a Friend from the former "Sekundeleutnant from the year1896." (!)
    Attached Files

Comment

Thats interesting! Looks like it was once in a photoalbum.

Comment

I think this is Georg Zimmermann, 3 June 1877 - 6 November 1956. He was one of the Tannenberg Generals.
        Max.

Comment

Thank you Max.

I was thinking Zimmermann.

Erich

Originally posted by max history View Post
          I think this is Georg Zimmermann, 3 June 1877 - 6 November 1956. He was one of the Tannenberg Generals.
          Max.

Comment

photo GL.z.v

Hi Gents looks like it is actually Emil Zimmermann,he was a recipient
            of the Hohenzollern House Order,this officer has the same Dec.
            Nice photo it is great that you found it as myself and Freiherr I know
            will be pleased.
            Harmel

Comment

I agree with Alex that it could well be Emil Zimmermann. He was born 1876, joined Kaiser's army as Lt in 1895 so quite qualified to talk to his buddy "SekondeLt" from 1896. He was also GenLt zbv in 1941.

I am an internet rat so I have a few very, very horrible pics of Emil. All I can say is he was skinny and this man seems to fit.

I have to say I am ignorant of Georg Zimmermann. Max could yuou enlighten us?

Cheers
              Elwyn

Comment

Georg Zimmermann is listed as being promoted to Generalleutnant a. D. on the 25th anniversary of Tannenberg.
                He was Kommandant Tr. Übpl. Alten-Grabow 1 Feb 1927 - 30 Nov 1928 as Generalmajor. I don't know anything more about him other than his birthday and date of death.
                I'm afraid I do not have any photos of either Zimmermann, so if it's the same man I can't say.
                Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X