Dedication to Hauptsturmführer Strauch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedication to Hauptsturmführer Strauch

I have a 50 anniversary edition of Mein Kampf that has the following dedication to a Hauptsturmführer Strauch. The only Strauch that I can find information about is Eduard Strauch but he was no longer a Hauptsturmführer by the time this edition was published in 1939. Any idea who this may be or if the dedication even looks genuine? Thanks for any help.
    Richard V

Last edited by Richard; 01-21-2008, 10:17 PM.

So, this is the 50th anniversary of Mein Kampf taken from the original in 1889?

Comment

I just read and translated the text, it is the 50th annniversary of Hitler's bday, not the publishing of Mein Kampf. With the first volume of MK published in 1925 I was confused, my mistake. My German is not perfect.

Comment

Sorry, I guess I could have been a little more clear in my posting.
        Richard V

Comment

These books were not necessarily presented in April 1939. I have seen this edition with a dedication for an SS man making 2nd place in a cross country run in 1940.

With Dr. jur. Eduard Strauch being born in Essen and studying in Erlangen und Muenster (prior to law he studied theology !), I don't see how he could be tied to Vienna (per the stamp).

I come to the conclusion there must either be another Pg. Strauch, or the dedication is a fake. Maybe someone has an opinion on the stamp ?

Comment

This was my concern too. I wasn't as concerned about the origin being Vienna as anyone, anywhere might have received a gift of this book from someone far away. My concern was that it could not be Eduard as he was well beyond the rank named at the time this book would have been published. The book might have been awarded long after 1939, but being a 50th birthday anniversary issue, it would not have been printed prior to 1939. Anyone have any idea what the pg. might mean?
            Richard V

Comment

Pg.

Well of course "Parteigenossen". Standard fare in a dedication from a Kreisleiter. Parteigenossen loosely translated by me means "My Buddy in the Nazi Party". Calling someone your Parteigenossen in today's Germany is passe.

Comment

Thanks Dr. at least that part is solved. Interesting that it is in lower case. As a noun in German, I would have suspected at least the first letter to be upper case. Anyone recognize the PL's signature?
                Richard V

Comment

Your book is signed by Hans Berner, Kreisleiter Wien I.
                  Max.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                    Max.
                    Thanks very much Max. This book is one of the prized possessions in my library and finding out more about it is certainly appreciated. Do you know if a lower case pg. was common to express Parteigenossen in dedications?
                    Richard V

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                      Thanks very much Max. This book is one of the prized possessions in my library and finding out more about it is certainly appreciated. Do you know if a lower case pg. was common to express Parteigenossen in dedications?
                      Richard V
                      May look like lower case, but is not. Letter P is larger than the g, have seen this numerous times. If I come across an example I'll post it.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                        Max.
                        Max, you got a Berner signature in your collection ? Great that you figured it out. Or did you start with checking who was Kreisleiter then and there ?

Comment

I did have his signature, but I sold it to another collector.
                          Max.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                            May look like lower case, but is not. Letter P is larger than the g, have seen this numerous times. If I come across an example I'll post it.
                            I see what you mean. The letter may be upper case just set low onto the line. Thanks for the help guys.
                            Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X