Reverse.
    Attached Files

DAK stamp opinions please

Reverse maker's stamp.
    Attached Files

Comment

DAK stamp opinions please

Hi Guys,

May I please have your opinions on this stamp?

Just has surgery bone today, came home to briefly look at this GREAT site and saw this DAK stamp. Guess that qualifies me as a die hard DAK collector!

Thank you,

Christopher
      Attached Files

Comment

Christopher,

One can not say if these the stamp is good or not - only by a photo of the front and the back !
        These are faked so well that one have to bring such stamps to an expert !
        Same story for the UBoot Hela stamp !

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

This is one of my favorite issues that I've collected for many years.

The marks on the back are not maker's marks. This stamp bears the signum of Kesselstadt BPP. If this signum is genuine then the stamp itself is good. Franz E. Graf Kesselstadt was the man to go to on this issue. He's gone now.

You might want to contact the current BPP Prüfer for this issue, Guido Gabish, Kapellenweg 7, 84347 Pfarrkirchen Germany. His last email was Gabisch-Bio-Zentrale@t-online.de

He is the go-to guy now for this stamp to obtain an Attest or Befund.

Just with what I see of your stamp, it looks good to me, but it's always a good idea to obtain the latest BPP's expert Attest. Your example has a piece of the sheet margin still attached. Very nice.

Cheers,

Ramon
          Last edited by ramon; 01-11-2008, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I have sent an e-mail to this address and it was returned as undeliverable. Do you please have another?

I thank those who have expressed their opinions. Are there any others?

Thank you,

Christopher

Originally posted by ramon View Post
            This is one of my favorite issues that I've collected for many years.

The marks on the back are not maker's marks. This stamp bears the signum of Kesselstadt BPP. If this signum is genuine then the stamp itself is good. Franz E. Graf Kesselstadt was the man to go to on this issue. He's gone now.

You might want to contact the current BPP Prüfer for this issue, Guido Gabish, Kapellenweg 7, 84347 Pfarrkirchen Germany. His last email was Gabish-Bio-Zentrale@t-online.de

He is the go-to guy now for this stamp to obtain an Attest or Befund.

Just with what I see of your stamp, it looks good to me, but it's always a good idea to obtain the latest BPP's expert Attest. Your example has a piece of the sheet margin still attached. Very nice.

Cheers,

Ramon

Comment

I have corrected the email address. I had misspelled Gabisch's name. Sorry.

You need to understand something. Emailing Gabisch will do nothing for you other than to confirm he'll accept your material for examination and the fee schedule for this examination. You will need to send him the stamp for his examination. If you choose to purchase this stamp, you may wish to buy it with the strict understanding with the seller that you will submit it for expertization. If it is returned to you as falsch or with no opinion offered (which is very unlikely) you would expect your money to returned to you. In the event of a falsch finding you normally would be refunded the cost of expertization by the seller. A confirming good finding you would pay for out of your pocket.

Good luck.

Ramon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X