Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KZ photo ?

Hello guys,

with permission from Giel Van Wassenhove, I'm posting this pic.

1.Does someone has a clue where this pic has been taken?
    2.Is this KZ personnel?

Thanks,

Nico
    Attached Files

Though that building in the background could be from a KZ, it could also be from regular barracks or anything like that. I do notice, however that a lot of them have different SS tabs, which is somewhat interesting.

They don't look to have too many awards or anything, which could mean that they are KZ personel, but they all look to have EKII's so it's possible they are recent transfers or something. Sorry I couldn't give a straight answer. Hope it helps.

Comment

Thanks Mansall for the info .

Some other opinions?

Comment

Hi Nico.

In 1972 a British publishing company called The Historical Research Unit produced volume 6 in the highly acclaimed "Uniforms Of The SS" series entitled "Waffen-SS Clothing And Equipment 1939-45" by andrew Mollo.
        On page 27 of this book is a photograph of three SS medical officers who volunteered their services at the newly liberated KZ at Neuengamme.
        This photo is dated May 1945, and the officer in the centre of the photo is, I believe, the man pictured second from left in the photo submitted by yourself to the forum.
        Unfortunately, no further details are given to identify the officer in the book.
        Hope this may be of some assistance,

Best regards,

John.

Comment

Originally posted by john moody View Post
          Hi Nico.

In 1972 a British publishing company called The Historical Research Unit produced volume 6 in the highly acclaimed "Uniforms Of The SS" series entitled "Waffen-SS Clothing And Equipment 1939-45" by andrew Mollo.
          On page 27 of this book is a photograph of three SS medical officers who volunteered their services at the newly liberated KZ at Neuengamme.
          This photo is dated May 1945, and the officer in the centre of the photo is, I believe, the man pictured second from left in the photo submitted by yourself to the forum.
          Unfortunately, no further details are given to identify the officer in the book.
          Hope this may be of some assistance,

Best regards,

John.
          John,
          The Historical Research Unit was in fact Andrew Mollo himself. I ended up with some of the original photos used in his books, including the one you mention. From memory, it is a press photo, but I will try and locate it and see what the caption says.
          Max.

Comment

John,
            It's not the same man.
            Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X