Any ideas on this, HG, Lufty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas on this, HG, Lufty?

Got a few photos today in the mail sent to me by an overseas relative, I'm trying to figure out if they are H Goreing division or regular lufty ground troops. Or am i wayyy off.

Hello Craig,

I don't see any visual evidence of a HG cufftitle on the second soldier on his right so I don't believe they are HG...could possibly be LWFD. Is there any more pics from the same group???. By the way a very nice seldom seen pic of the Flare pouch being worn directly on the belt. Bill

Originally posted by Craigob View Post
    Got a few photos today in the mail sent to me by an overseas relative, I'm trying to figure out if they are H Goreing division or regular lufty ground troops. Or am i wayyy off.

Comment

Hard to tell?

Yea there luftwaffe troops we know,and could be even FJ too realy,but see none of there helmets,but could be just not wearing them of course.But maybe yes more likely LWFD troops or HGPD units,no info what so ever on them,like you wish they would write so on the back,unit,date,where.

Even the location i wonder,most likely russian front,but could be in germany,france,belgium,austria etc....Even the possiblitly of northern italy,but again more likely russian/eastern front?.
      Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 01-05-2008, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Great photo
        I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
        Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
        My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

thanks guys there are other fotos but they show market scenes and cilivilians, Here they are including the pic I already posted. Might give someone an idea.. all are unmarked and are on leonar paper.

check out the soldat in the huge sheep skin coat top right and the one top left next to truck

Last edited by Craigob; 01-05-2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Eastern front

Well that makes it more look like the eastern front now and russia more likely too,but again not 100%.There are many countries on the eastern front too.but just looks like russia so much on my limited knowledge of the country.

Comment

Most likely LWFD, I see no white collar tabs or cufftitles, so why should they be HG?

Cheers,

JM

Comment

These are now for sale on the estand

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X