Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is this RK-Winner ?

Hi,
    please help me to identify this RK-Winner. What is that for a Cross under the RK ? And what cuff title it can be ?
    Thanks
    Secter
    Attached Files

Attached Files
    Last edited by Secter; 07-03-2003, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This is Hermann Göring himself but this is a very early photo which was taken between September30, 1939 (bestowal date for the RK) and July 19, 1940 (when he was appointed Reischsmarschall and was awarded the Grosskreuz)
            The cross is the Pour le Mérite award (a kind of KC during WWI, correct me if I'm wrong) and the cuff title is a remembrance title awarded to former airmen belonged to specific flying units during WWI (e.g. Immelmann, Boelcke)
            Regards
            Denis

Comment

Hello ,
              there is a little but important different between the Pour le mèrite and the Knights Cross .
              The Knights cross could be win from any soldier ,private to General .
              The Pour le mèrite was only to win for officers .All others could win the "Golden Military Merit Cross"
              But there are some soldiers in WW I who won both .For example
              Julius Buckler GMWC at 12.11.1917 as Leutnant ,Jagdstaffel 17
              and PLM at 4.12.1917 .
              Best
              Uli

Comment

Hi
                Thanks Uli for the precision.
                In fact, I don't know many things abot the PlM except the name !!
                Regards
                Denis

Comment

Thanks for identifying

Comment

Hermann Göring must be wearing the Richthofen Squardon commemorative cuff title. He was CO of the Flying Circus after the Red Baron was killed. The modern German Air Force has similar cuff titles.

PK

Comment

I know this thread is really old, but I've just obtained the same photo as in the first post. It was part of a photo lot with personal photos once owned by a LW soldier. The eBay seller wrote just "RK-träger" in the auction, but by a fluke, I scored a couple of rare photos. It is my theory that some soldier in a LW unit took the photos, and then sold copies to his comrades. Anyway, according to what I've learned, the photo was taken in June, 1940, when Göring visited Sedan in France. There's another photo from the same event, which appears to be even more scarce, and which can be seen below.

BTW, any idea who the Waffen-SS officer might be?

Here's a better scan of a un-creased photo like that in the OP:

Last edited by B Hellqvist; 03-27-2013, 04:51 PM. Reason: Adding photo.

Comment

These are quite common pictures on sale at the time I have both in a Luft photo album that i own.

Comment

Originally posted by nick-j View Post
                          These are quite common pictures on sale at the time I have both in a Luft photo album that i own.
                          Same here.

Comment

Any hint as to what LW unit the original owners of the photos belonged to?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X